98 GMC 6.5L TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a cube van with 150K on it that sees less than 5000miles of use around Toronto from april to october. It is not used to tow and there isn't all that much payload. Owners manual did not come with the vehicle. It's parked outside for winter storage from november to march.
Need recommendations for engine oil(I'm thinking esso XD-3 0W40) tranny, rear end and coolant.(came with 'RED' stuff).
Also some advice on winter storage tips for this truck. I have absolutely zero experience with diesels and long term storage.
thanks.

Berge, I too would like to know how to store a diesel, I am now looking for another gas runabout vhehicle to buy to save my diesel from harsh winter starts.

One thing I always do in storing any motor or vehicle is to use my striptight 1/4 inch diamand stucco mesh with tie wire to seal up all intake openings to fuel carbs, open air intake hoses, especially any open access to a turbo, mufflers etc where mice or birds can nest. This diamond mesh is available at any stucco supply or lumberyard, it allows you to run engine with out icing up or plugging but keeps out criters, works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back