89 c4 oil

would oreilly syn euro 5w-40 be an acceptable oil choice for a c4 corvette with stock 350? thanks y'all.

Never saw any reason for anything beyond standard 5W-30 or 10W-30 M1 in a street driven Roller Cam L98. SuperTech or Amazon Synthetic has the correct approvals if you don't want to deal with the M1 Rebate.

You can make a case for 15W-50 if you are pushing 300F Oil Temps at Open Track Events.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gene K
Never saw any reason for anything beyond standard 5W-30 or 10W-30 M1 in a street driven Roller Cam L98. SuperTech or Amazon Synthetic has the correct approvals if you don't want to deal with the M1 Rebate.

You can make a case for 15W-50 if you are pushing 300F Oil Temps at Open Track Events.

Hmm, according to the dash the hot oil psi at idle is like 9psi, hence I was thinking a 40wt.

The stock sender on my '88 showed about 15 psi at idle on a hot day. Aftermarket senders are notorious for reading lower than stock. I suspect the pressure isn't really low but if 5W-40 makes you feel better it's not really going to hurt it.

Back