78 C10 at show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won a trophy at a little local show back in October. Trucks definitely not show worthy but it was cold and being the last truck remaining so I took best of show for trucks lol. With the temps being as cold as they were numbers were way down and most left early. Dug this truck out from under some trees last fall, severely neglected and had sat over 10 years. So far all new brake system, fuel system, pulled the blown up 350 out and put in a 355 from a bracket racing Camaro. Most all under the hood is new. Was also a ton of cleaning, ripped out the interior and put a new seat in, new tires and quite a few hours in hand polishing the wheels. Already started planning on spring, I have a different converter that'll be going in, will be redoing the rearend with a locker and 3.42 gears and will get some Caltrac bars. Will eventually run it in the street drags the local circle track runs a few times during the summer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice! I love squarebodies. I grew up with a K20 and a C30 (farm kid). My first vehicle was an '87 V10 that I bought 20 years ago this month. I still have it, but it's the project that always gets pushed to the backburner.

Originally Posted by cpayne5
Nice! I love squarebodies. I grew up with a K20 and a C30 (farm kid). My first vehicle was an '87 V10 that I bought 20 years ago this month. I still have it, but it's the project that always gets pushed to the backburner.

I love them too. My dad had a 76 C10 stepside same color as mine when I was a kid. They've become so popular they're pulling good money at Barrett Jackson now.

Square bodies are still cool. I was just about to get my first car when my dad came home with a brand new white and maroon Special edition GMC 454.1976
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I love Square bodies too. Have my eyes out for a mid 80s c or k diesel.

Kind of would love a k5 blazer or suburban of that area with the 6.2.

Originally Posted by P10crew
Square bodies are still cool. I was just about to get my first car when my dad came home with a brand new white and maroon Special edition GMC 454.1976
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Nice patina there and like the color matched bumpers. I had an '81 with the stupid rectangular headlights.

Will you keep the look?

I think so, it was done by a body shop years ago. It was an actual show truck. I just need to revive it, which I've started.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Looks to have a '73/'74 Grille? Like square bodies as well.....Drove a '85 C20 Suburban for a couple decades
smile.gif

Good eye, 74 grill and core support in a 78.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back