6.0 LS engine startup

Finally figured it out. Many thanks to everyone. Sorry bout sideways/jacked up video as using IPhone. Any questions please ask.

Sounds like the valve train was a bit noisy in the beginning until the lifters got pumped up after it ran a bit. I experienced the same on my LS6 when I changed out the pushrods and valve springs.

Sounds like the valve train was a bit noisy in the beginning until the lifters got pumped up after it ran a bit. I experienced the same on my LS6 when I changed out the pushrods and valve springs.

we thought it had a misfire, but one of the coil packs Wasn’t connected. Runs good now. He’s gonna use M1 0w30 that I gave him.

71’ C-10 longbed truck. Brother bought in Tennessee out of a barn. We cleaned it up, sandblasted it, repainted it and going back together nicely. The engine in it is 6.0 out of GMC work van also

71’ C-10 longbed truck. Brother bought in Tennessee out of a barn. We cleaned it up, sandblasted it, repainted it and going back together nicely. The engine in it is 6.0 out of GMC work van also
I’m putting together a 6.0 for my 78 C10. Did you guys just go with all stock stuff? I’m doing cam and springs and going with 706 heads and Gen 4 internal stuff. Going to have to bore it as well, got it with no intake but picking up a LS1 intake tomorrow.

I think he did, for most of the stuff. Most he was able to fix up as truck was a Tennessee truck it’s whole life.

The LS engine series may very well be the greatest engine series we will ever see. I'm not even an LS fan, but the adaptation possibilities and ease of acceptance of performance modifications, paired with solid reliability, really leave it with no competition. GM got it right.

Back