5qt Chevron Supreme / $12.42 / Walmart

Not the deal of the century, but best price I've seen on this oil in a long time. Only thing I can find that's cheaper is Harvest King (@ Rural King) & Phillips Choice Shield when it goes on sale at Orchelin from time to time, both at $2 a quart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chevron-Supreme-Motor-Oil-10W30/46683813

The Chevron comes in 5w-20, 5w-30, 10w-30 (not sure if there's others) and I confirmed those three are the same price.

The back of the bottle looks the same as it has for the last 10+ years, no new certs that I can tell. So it's likely the same moly-heavy formula without Dexos cert, unless Walmart is using old images. I've had very good UOAs with this oil. Walmart's Supertech Synthetic is $13.97 / 5qt right now, so it might be the better value in the grand scheme of things. But that depends on just how "synthetic" you consider it to be. I'm of the opinion that most modern SN, GF-5 rated oils could be considered synthetic.

Not the deal of the century, but best price I've seen on this oil in a long time. Only thing I can find that's cheaper is Harvest King (@ Rural King) & Phillips Choice Shield when it goes on sale at Orchelin from time to time, both at $2 a quart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chevron-Supreme-Motor-Oil-10W30/46683813

The Chevron comes in 5w-20, 5w-30, 10w-30 (not sure if there's others) and I confirmed those three are the same price.

The back of the bottle looks the same as it has for the last 10+ years, no new certs that I can tell. So it's likely the same moly-heavy formula without Dexos cert, unless Walmart is using old images. I've had very good UOAs with this oil. Walmart's Supertech Synthetic is $13.97 / 5qt right now, so it might be the better value in the grand scheme of things. But that depends on just how "synthetic" you consider it to be. I'm of the opinion that most modern SN, GF-5 rated oils could be considered synthetic.
Chevron Supreme (at least 5W20 & 5W30) uses Isosyn technology, Chevron's proprietary Group II+ additive (just like they use in conventional Delo HDEOs), that's supposed to give the oil synthetic blend-like performance. If the new SP rated CS has anywhere near the moly content of the older formulation, that's a really good deal. CS (& Delo) have worked well in everything I've used them in.

Walmart actually has increased that price since last year, when it was about $11.72 a jug in a carton of 3. It seems that it's always an online price for those of us in the east because the stores never stock it.

92saturnsl2

Chevron PDS for this oil lists SP and SN+ approval, but only shows 10w-30 and thicker oils. Another post on the forum suggested that 5w-20 and 5w-30 are going to a new semi-synthetic branding.

I'm curious what I'll get if I order some of the 5w-30 from Walmart. Anybody want to be the guinea pig? :D It would be really nice to get a hold of the new stuff; nobody around here carries Chevron oils, which I believe is par for the course for most of the eastern US.

Chevron/havoline seem to be a regional thing ?? In central states Oklahoma texas , Kansas I NEVER seen Chevron motor oil on WM shelves

BUT !! When I lived in west coast SF bay area/ Seattle it was all over on WM stores shelves ??

Dave

Chevron/havoline seem to be a regional thing ?? In central states Oklahoma texas , Kansas I NEVER seen Chevron motor oil on WM shelves

BUT !! When I lived in west coast SF bay area/ Seattle it was all over on WM stores shelves ??

Dave
All the stores in Nebraska seem to carry Chevron/Havoline no stores in Kansas though :confused:

I haven't seen Chevron anything at W*M in years. Yeah, as mentioned, W*M SuperTech Full Syn is only a small price increa$e over the Chevron, making the deal somewhat compelling.