45 Months on a $50 Walmart Battery in Phoenix

585 CCA. There is that idea that lower CCA batteries have fewer/thicker plates compared to the same physical size battery that claims 700 to 900 CCA. The hypothesis is that the thicker plates with more fluid around them is better.

I think that the premise of bigger is better is often misguided.
No, the opposite. The lower CCA in the same (starting type) battery simply has less lead in the same high surface area structure, so the lower CCA starting battery is inferior in every way except price.

If you want a deep cycle battery instead and they provide enough CCA for your climate, then just get a deep cycle. Do note that they aren't half price like the cheaper starting batteries, because they have more lead too.

Then again for longer life, many would have paid even more for an AGM but a certain popular brand of those has dropped in quality and doesn't make sense to me unless you find your vehicle at funny angles where AGM has that benefit.

Don't think it comes in a size that fits in my Soul, but if it does this is a deal even at $55.
Don't think it comes in a size that fits in my Soul, but if it does this is a deal even at $55.
Shouldn't have posted cause it put a curse on my battery. I got a 26R battery which Walmart failed to install because it "didn't fit". Guess Walmart wanted to sell me the proper size for twice as much. I'm clumsy but got it in in about 45 minutes. Hopefully I can get 30 months out of it. OEM lasted 38 months.

I could well be wrong here... But if a group 26r fit... Then a group 35 could gave fit too possibly ?? I wonder...

Because my car specs a group 35 or even a group 26r... Though I could fit a group 24f in my car... Close but it fit.

I'll say this... The ones in my area made by East Penn don't have any issues with off gassing... East Penn batteries are quite good about not doing that.

Back