23 Bronco Sport 1.5L 8.5k mi; Mobil 1 5w-20 4.7k mi

Mobil 1 5W20
Motorcraft oil filter
Some degree of fuel dilute

BIGGER FISH-240126.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good call on changing the oil early at 800 miles. Does this engine have the wet timing belt?
Ford did away with that on the 1.5 and put chains on them. Thankfully. Right now we are waiting to see what they will do with the 1.0s with that belt under the recall

I do have some old Blackstone reports on her old Fiesta that had the 1.0 wet belt. We dodged a bullet on that one

If Blackstone tells you that fuel is at 1.5%, it's probably actually over 5%, especially when the flashpoint is at 355 F. That said, wear metals are looking great for such a new engine, so I don't think the low viscosity is much of an issue.

Agreed, with that flash point and viscosity you have a lot more fuel than they guessed. Max OCI of 5k.

Is the 1.5 an Ecoboost? Does it really spec 5w20? After seeing this I would not be able to sleep at night without a 5w30.

You would probably get better UOA results if you had more cylinders ;)

J/K, nice result, viscosity is low for Xw20, but the engine didn't seem to mind at all.

Why, the oil did it’s job quite well considering the fuel dilution.
As always, UOA results do not reflect cylinder bore, piston ring, piston, cam component, chain, pump or bearing wear rates. For that, physical measurement before and after are required.

UOA results are wonderful for trend monitoring. A sudden spike can indicate a problem.

OP, drive the car 30 miles+ at highway + speed on a weekly basis. That will rid the oil of fuel dilution

Back