2023 San Francisco Fleet Week air show

IMG_3805.jpeg

The Blue Angels have been using Oakland International Airport. I found some video and with all buildings, they must be using North Field which was the former NAS Oakland. It's my understanding that they need a minimum 6000 ft runway. I was at an air show years ago (the California International Airshow at Salinas Municipal Airport) where the Blue Angels were the featured performers and the narrator was there, but the longest runway didn't meet their requirements and they used Monterey Airport.

The Angles are the only flight team worth watching. They are by far the best of the best.

Wi-fi access has been a bit spotty. There was the USMC F-35B. Wasn’t sure if they were still grounded. Did a lot of maneuvers including high AOA and a hover for about five minutes.

Apologies for the quality of the photos. They were all from my iPad mini 6 and it's not the best quality taking photos from a long distance. That and the quality of the Wi-Fi was pretty bad. I have them now but I'm not sure it's worth posting here. There's probably better quality photos out there.

Found it for yesterday:

And a couple more OAK-OAK. Must be Fat Albert. I remember seeing Fat Albert in the background while Patriots Jet Team were doing their performance. Also the times might not match.

I'm at home today and I think I just heard the sound of an F-35B heading for San Francisco.

Someone had better video than I got from an iPad.

Someone had this from the Thursday practice and it includes a recording of the chatter. The commander seems to just draw out his voice sometimes like Andres Cantor (the Spanish language soccer announcer).

A little puuuuuuulllllllll......
Adding power. Adding more poooowwwweeeerrrrr.....

Back