2023 Grand Cherokee rental review

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
This was my first chance to check out the new Grand Cherokee, I'm a huge fan of it's predecessor, the WK2 that ran from 2011-2022 (owned 2). I like the styling of the WK2 over this one, but it has grown on me. Since this is a completely new platform I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleased to find I found myself at home driving it...anyone coming from a WK2 will find this to be a natural evolution of the platform.

This is definitely a comfortable SUV and favors comfort over sport which I was fine with. The seats are great, the handling is soft, but steering and brakes are all excellent. It has an amazing amount of suspension travel, I was driving over terrible roads in Kansas City, pot hole ridden and bumpy but the suspension soaked them up like it was nothing.

Pentastar V6 and ZF8 transmission we all know about, excellent powertrain. Had enough power but don't challenge anyone to a race.

The new UConnect system is also a solid evolution, the one in the WK2 was excellent and this carries the tradition. I mostly used wireless Android Auto but tried the built in nav and it worked great with excellent integration into the full LCD gauge cluster.

This was a limited trim and I *think* it was a 4x2. I didn't stick my head under it to check but there were no controls to change 4WD drive modes.

All in all an excellent vehicle, enjoyed my time in it and loved the little outline of all the Grand Cherokees over the years on the black quarter glass.

RrTVTNt.jpg

RYPrzkk.jpg

zcgypni.jpg

Hopefully they have improved the Nav - mine can’t find a chain restaurant 5 miles away - but it will find one 45 miles away …

Hopefully they have improved the Nav - mine can’t find a chain restaurant 5 miles away - but it will find one 45 miles away …
I wish they'd just focus on mirroring my smart phone on the vehicles large screen.

Nav is now Tom Tom based instead of HERE. Much better. HERE sucked. Updates were expensive, convoluted and outdated by the time they were issued,

Reactions: 4WD
We have a 2022 GC in L form. Solid performer and beautiful well thought out interior. For us a great family car and road-trip car. Ours came with the passenger screen, that seems kinda gimmicky but my wife can type in a navigation waypoint there and the nav works well. I wish the v6 had more power but it’s adequate. The USB/USC ports are a plenty and that’s a must driving from Florida to the blue ridge mountains.
Glad you enjoyed the car.

Nice machine, and a great second use of the world-class Giorgio platform. It just needs a mid-cycle revision to all that gloss black plastic in the center console.

Back