2021 Ram TRX is insane

Two tiered Raptor lineup is smart. 3.5 Ecoboost Raptor lower end, possibly reduced output higher fuel economy tune for those daily driver raptor fans. The GT500 Raptor could be the king of them all and priced accordingly.

It seems to me that GM is now in the enviable position, of having intelligence on both of the trucks of its competition. So, all it has to do is develop a truck that beats both of the others in specifications.

It seems to me that GM is now in the enviable position, of having intelligence on both of the trucks of its competition. So, all it has to do is develop a truck that beats both of the others in specifications.

In recent history, GM hasn't played. Ford came out with the 2nd gen Lightning, Dodge came out with the SRT-10. GM came out with a sticker package that said "Thunder" on it 🤷‍♂️

GM tries as hard as it can to never release anything enthusiasts would like. Instead of a powerhouse offroad truck they will debut some poorly thought out EV GMC Hummer truck here next month.

I have to admit, as long as we’re bashing GM, putting the Blazer badge on a car was a big miss for them. It’s gotta be tough for GM to watch as Ford gets all that attention for the new Bronco.

Do they want that situation to repeat itself and get left in the dust AGAIN, as Ford and RAM get the spotlight for their new supertrucks??

I have to admit, as long as we’re bashing GM, putting the Blazer badge on a car was a big miss for them. It’s gotta be tough for GM to watch as Ford gets all that attention for the new Bronco.

Do they want that situation to repeat itself and get left in the dust AGAIN, as Ford and RAM get the spotlight for their new supertrucks??
The blazer should have been a Grand Cherokee with a 5.3/6.2 V8. Instead its some plump car body with the meh 3.6 liter and a huge price tag.

With so much power, how come the top speed is so low? I'm guessing it's governed. I like the red one, sweet looking vehicle!! Definitely the best looking truck on the market.

With so much power, how come the top speed is so low? I'm guessing it's governed. I like the red one, sweet looking vehicle!! Definitely the best looking truck on the market.

Probably for the same reason most trucks and SUVs are: Governed due to the speed rating of the tires.

They’re definitely governed. I’ve had my truck... up there, allegedly... and yeah, it’s a pretty good spot where mine is governed. Not nearly as stable as the 300 was, I don’t like taking the truck above 80.

The Blazer at the end of first quarter 2019, it had sold 3,023 units in the United States. By the fourth quarter of 2019, it immediately swelled to 23,008 units sold, and closed out 2019 with 58,115 units sold overall, making it one of Chevrolet's fastest selling model.

The Blazer at the end of first quarter 2019, it had sold 3,023 units in the United States. By the fourth quarter of 2019, it immediately swelled to 23,008 units sold, and closed out 2019 with 58,115 units sold overall, making it one of Chevrolet's fastest selling model.

Yeah, not surprising with the general public‘s crossover craze.

They came out with the TBSS.

That's an SUV though. Ford had the Explorer Adrenaline and of course Jeep has had the Grand Cherokee SRT (and now Trackhawk). I was speaking specifically as to trucks, which I think the last effort was the 454SS as someone else noted, and that wasn't much of one.

I like it. I wish the brakes were better on my Raptor with 450 hp. I can only imagine stopping 700hp on all terrain tires. Glad Ram made this as it will force Ford to respond and then maybe I’ll be ready for an upgrade. I didn’t watch the whole video but I’d assume MSRP of $85,000+ optioned the way I’d want it?

Back