2021 Ford Bronco Is Here, and It's Everything You Hoped For

I bet they sell, but not at Wrangler numbers, especially if this V8 version is true. Most recent story I read was from an insider that said FCA had built 30 V8 test mules, and that there's no way that would happen with a concept that had no intention of being produced. Keep in mind, this is the same FCA that just released the Durango with the 707 horse Hemi in it.... those guys literally don't care what model it is, they're stuffing a Hemi in it and somehow getting the bean counters upstairs to let them do it.

I was just browsing the Ford website last night, and I can easily say that all I would need is a base 2dr Bronco with the 4 banger and manual trans, with the Sasquatch package thrown on. Nothing else, just that. Sweeeet little truck.

I can't watch a Car related YouTube without a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 commercial. The one where it scares the Broncos. I don't think they would be running that ad if it wasn't for real.

Last edited:
$28,500 (before destination) for the no option, 2 door, manual transmission model that no dealer on Earth will ever have in stock.

After that, it quickly jumps to $35,000+.

Don't get me wrong, it'll sell, especially initially, but it's not a "budget" vehicle. I doubt it'll dent Jeep sales.

I'm on then fence. I think Ford is trying too hard on two fronts. They're trying too hard to out-Jeep Jeep with brochures full of crawl-ratios, creeper gears, and locking differentials. It is also disgustingly retro, which is kind of funny given the disdain for previous retro vehicles (Thunderbird, SSR, HHR, PT Cruiser, New Beetle, etc.). It suffers from the same problem the current Challenger and 5th gen Camaro had: It's too thicc. It's like someone took a Bronco, but a schrader valve on it, then over-inflated with too much air.

Reality is, just like Jeep , it'll be a "lifestyle" vehicle, purchased by people who like off-road fashion more than actually going off-road.

I think these are some key points. I've owned Jeeps for most of my driving "career" and so has my family (and we actually use them off-road, haha). Jeep people like Jeeps for multiple reasons, I mean why else would we buy seemingly unreliable, spartan (and now quite expensive) vehicles? It will take a lot to sway many Jeep buyers over to the Bronco. Price won't be one of them, since like stated above it will be similar to the Wrangler, where they will have the cheap base model no dealer will stock, and any options you want will really jack up the price. Not to mention the price gouging dealers will do for the first few they sell.

With all that said, I do applaud Ford for actually making this Bronco. GM's revival of the Blazer was quite sad in comparison.

The 97:1 crawl ratio with the 7 speed and lower geared transmission is insane. That puts the Rubicon to shame. That low, combined with the torque from the 2.3T and it's going to be awesome!

I really do not care for the suspension or steering, though. But I'm sure it won't be long before it has a steering box and a solid axle.

97:1 is OK (my trail Jeep is 150+:1! LOL)

I build my rigs with parts from the big 3, so no bias here. I have several Jeeps and an Early Bronco.

That said, I have to say I'm excited. I think Ford is ready to bring her back. Jeeps are like belly buttons. The 4 doors are the new soccer mom minivan. They are everywhere. They are expensive. No one even knows what the Jeep wave is anymore. 99.5% of Jeep owners do not have the driving ability that exceeds their vehicles capability. As such, IMO the IFS Bronco will perform fine for most wheeling adventures.
A brand new Rubicon won't even get into the trailhead of the trails I run, so I might have a clue on the subject.

I'm a conservative. I like competition. I'd love for Toyota to step up with a new FJ40! I would absolutely love if Suzuki came back with the Samurai. That would be awesome.
My wife asked me last night if I was going to put in for a new Bronco. I might! Haven't been this excited in a while for a new vehicle.

I think Jeep purists are in for a rude awakening. The $.02 from a JEEP guy.

FYI - Not sure what a 392 Hemi would offer a Jeep for better off road performance. I'd take a new Rubicon to town with my 2.5L YJ regardless of engine.

Lets' get a trail package. - Stop putting leather interiors in your Jeeps and make the windshield easy to fold down. Make your Jeep survive a rain storm with no roof.
Then I might consider a new Jeep. The new Gladiator is a Wrangler with a little box in the back. Useless. A Raptor is a better buy. Fix it. Make it useful.

I can run a PTO welder off my '59. If Jeep is going retro, then do it. Let's get the Universal back - not the grocery getter.

97:1 is OK (my trail Jeep is 150+:1! LOL)

I build my rigs with parts from the big 3, so no bias here. I have several Jeeps and an Early Bronco.

That said, I have to say I'm excited. I think Ford is ready to bring her back. Jeeps are like belly buttons. The 4 doors are the new soccer mom minivan. They are everywhere. They are expensive. No one even knows what the Jeep wave is anymore. 99.5% of Jeep owners do not have the driving ability that exceeds their vehicles capability. As such, IMO the IFS Bronco will perform fine for most wheeling adventures.
A brand new Rubicon won't even get into the trailhead of the trails I run, so I might have a clue on the subject.

I'm a conservative. I like competition. I'd love for Toyota to step up with a new FJ40! I would absolutely love if Suzuki came back with the Samurai. That would be awesome.
My wife asked me last night if I was going to put in for a new Bronco. I might! Haven't been this excited in a while for a new vehicle.

I think Jeep purists are in for a rude awakening. The $.02 from a JEEP guy.

I've been eyeing those Roxors, but sounds like they can't sell them anymore. I'd love one of those with a YJ or CJ vin and plates.

If the Samurai came out, I'd be first in line for it! Those thigs are awesome on the rocks, on 33s it'll run with Jeeps and bigger rigs on 37s, 40s all day!

I put in a reservation. Me and my mom are really considering one. So I put down the refundable $100 if one of us decided to jump on it.

$28,500 (before destination) for the no option, 2 door, manual transmission model that no dealer on Earth will ever have in stock.

After that, it quickly jumps to $35,000+.

Don't get me wrong, it'll sell, especially initially, but it's not a "budget" vehicle. I doubt it'll dent Jeep sales.

I'm on then fence. I think Ford is trying too hard on two fronts. They're trying too hard to out-Jeep Jeep with brochures full of crawl-ratios, creeper gears, and locking differentials. It is also disgustingly retro, which is kind of funny given the disdain for previous retro vehicles (Thunderbird, SSR, HHR, PT Cruiser, New Beetle, etc.). It suffers from the same problem the current Challenger and 5th gen Camaro had: It's too thicc. It's like someone took a Bronco, but a schrader valve on it, then over-inflated with too much air.

Reality is, just like Jeep , it'll be a "lifestyle" vehicle, purchased by people who like off-road fashion more than actually going off-road.

Agree. I was a bit surprised that they didn’t select an MT that’s strong enough to connect with the 2.7.

Around here, it has been popular with the affluent kids that they get a souped up 4dr Jeep with the big tires, fancy wheels and new front bumper. I think the question with the bronco is if it is a better deal than a souped up Jeep. And how upgradable the base model is.

The base with steel wheels and a simple setup seems like a reasonable deal, but it’s tough to see how badly they’ll strip it to avoid selling them...

Agree. I was a bit surprised that they didn’t select an MT that’s strong enough to connect with the 2.7.

My guess is it has to do with the emissions certification and/or engine programming. They already have that done for a MT for the Mustang. They have nothing like that for the 2.7 as no vehicle Ford makes has a 2.7 and a manual. Given how low MT take rates are it kind of makes sense.

I think I'm going to put down the $100 deposit since it is refundable. In the end though, I will probably wait a year as I still remember all the problems our local sheriff's office and police departments had from the new eco boost powered Interceptors when they first came out. I don't want to be a test dummy for Ford. I do think they will sell a lot of them and I am sure they will work out any problems if they have any.

I'm eager to see test drive reviews. I want to see mpg and how it drives on road. As much as I like 4WD trucks/Jeeps (and this Bronco), as a daily driver, they just aren't that practical. That's one reason I ended up back in a CUV. The AWD systems are much more advantageous for day to day bad weather. For off-road though, a true 4WD is the way to go. I also struggle with taking a brand new vehicle off-road. I keep my vehicles clean lol.

For those that will buy a Bronco, will you use it off-road at all?

Borrowed from a Jeep forum.
Bronco.jpg

According to Jalopnik the Sasquatch package is an automatic only. Ford will gauge interest and is open to ideas if market demands change.

For those that will buy a Bronco, will you use it off-road at all?

I have a tube chassis rock buggy and a Jeep that's been on the toughest trails in NE, Moab, Rubicon, CO.

Better believe I'm going to wheel it! I have my lic plates picked out : MR ED

It's going to be parked right next to my '75 Bronco.

I think this Bronco is much better looking than the Wrangler.....and I agree that the vast majority of Jeep owners are posers who never go off -roading....kinda like all the Harley owners pretending to be He*l's Angels....

Back