2021 Ford Bronco Is Here, and It's Everything You Hoped For

It actually looks like they captured the look of the original with all the off-road capability? [Didn't watch the whole vid so not sure if it has to be optioned correctly in order to leave pavement.] Looks pretty good.

^I was thinking the same.

You can hose out the interior.

Meh...if Jeep debuts the 392 model they keep trolling it will be interesting for sure. For me, the Jeep is "universally" upgradable and the after market support is solid for every system on it. I will stick with my Rubicon.

$29 knock me down I was sure this thing would run north of $50K. They'll probably sell.

$28,500 (before destination) for the no option, 2 door, manual transmission model that no dealer on Earth will ever have in stock.

After that, it quickly jumps to $35,000+.

Don't get me wrong, it'll sell, especially initially, but it's not a "budget" vehicle. I doubt it'll dent Jeep sales.

I'm on then fence. I think Ford is trying too hard on two fronts. They're trying too hard to out-Jeep Jeep with brochures full of crawl-ratios, creeper gears, and locking differentials. It is also disgustingly retro, which is kind of funny given the disdain for previous retro vehicles (Thunderbird, SSR, HHR, PT Cruiser, New Beetle, etc.). It suffers from the same problem the current Challenger and 5th gen Camaro had: It's too thicc. It's like someone took a Bronco, but a schrader valve on it, then over-inflated with too much air.

Reality is, just like Jeep , it'll be a "lifestyle" vehicle, purchased by people who like off-road fashion more than actually going off-road.

$28,500 (before destination) for the no option, 2 door, manual transmission model that no dealer on Earth will ever have in stock.

So you order it. Couple months and you have exactly what you want. Unless you need a vehicle right now that is the way to go. You get exactly what you want and know nobody else drove it. I've done it 2 times and it's not that bad.

Don't get me wrong, it'll sell, especially initially, but it's not a "budget" vehicle. I doubt it'll dent Jeep sales.

Jeeps are not budget vehicles either and statistically the Ford will most likely be more reliable.

I don't think the prices are that out of line: https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/

Reality is, just like Jeep , it'll be a "lifestyle" vehicle, purchased by people who like off-road fashion more than actually going off-road.

So true of most of these types of vehicles. Same with Subaru. Not my type of vehicle but I think it looks really good except for the grille. Looks a little too over the top.

$29 knock me down I was sure this thing would run north of $50K. They'll probably sell.

That's in line with the Wrangler. You load one up and you'll be north of 50k VERY quickly. Jeeps start at $29k, btw, too. You get into the 40's to get to a Rubicon or Sahara. Put any options on a Rubicon and you are well into the 50's. Put a diesel in it and you get to 60k. We'll see what the Hemi costs, but I'm betting a Hemi Rubicon will be 60 and up.

Thanks a lot Ford. Now i want to buy one. It would have been so much easier if you just failed miserably.

Btw, Jeep can't make enough Wranglers right now, so I think there is plenty of room for this and I seriously doubt it will bother Jeep's sales.

I look forward to seeing these on the trails and pulling them out when they get stuck! 😉

The Bronco sport looks worse with rounded edges, more like an everyday soccer parent car.
The non-sport version looks good.
I agree a little Jeep looking. Wish it reminded me more of the original.

I wonder how well the turbochargers are going to hold up under water, especially after a hard run.
IMO, if you are going to try and compete with Jeep in the off-road department, you had better have your game on.

Last edited:
Back