2020 Kia Soul EX

It's an advertising tie-in. Hyundai with the same engines recommends (or recommended) Quaker State. Use any brand, nothing wrong with Total Quartz (my only experience being in a Total station was once near Jefferson City, MO and twice near Paris), but I wouldn't go out of my way to find it. Not sure what the recommendation for the new engine is but if it's like the earlier GDI 2 liter any 5w20 or 5w30 oil should be fine. Your engine should be easier on oil than mine. My OCI is 5,000 miles and I'm partial to 5w30.

Both my neighbor and I have a 2020 KIA Soul. I have had mine for 11 months now and he has had his slightly longer. I don't drive all that much and have had only one oil change with NAPA synthetic oil. Neighbor has around 16000 miles on his and does normal changes with non-synthetic. No issues with either vehicle. It is the EX version too. Zippy around town.

It's been a long time since I got an oil change at a Kia dealer, think I got several gratis changes when I bought my Rio in 2012. I'm sure they didn't use Total. Think it was Castrol. I bet there's very few Kia dealers that use Total as a bulk fill.

Both my neighbor and I have a 2020 KIA Soul. I have had mine for 11 months now and he has had his slightly longer. I don't drive all that much and have had only one oil change with NAPA synthetic oil. Neighbor has around 16000 miles on his and does normal changes with non-synthetic. No issues with either vehicle. It is the EX version too. Zippy around town.
How do you like that CVT, er IVT? I have no problems with the drive but never owned one. I think they're all getting better and hopefully HyunKia learned from the problems of their competitors.

Was not sure if I would like it or not but after driving it have no issues. with the CVT/IVT. The 2020 Soul has a 2 liter Atkinson cycle engine and with the CVT/IVT get good gas mileage. I payed $23,100.00 out the door for mine and so far am happy with it.

Just to chime in on this a few days late, but here is the Total Quartz INEOMC3 5W30. Carries the Hyundai/Kia approval. I was once exclusively using Total brand products, but have switched to Pennzoil due to changes in representation and distribution at Total Canada.

20200916_094158.jpg

Nothing wrong with Total, I've just never seen it. Funny they'd pay for a recommendation deal with Kia when they didn't have distribution. Assume they have more working in Canada, I've seen occasional stations in US for fifty years but no penetration. Maybe it's just Missouri.

Nothing wrong with Total, I've just never seen it. Funny they'd pay for a recommendation deal with Kia when they didn't have distribution. Assume they have more working in Canada, I've seen occasional stations in US for fifty years but no penetration. Maybe it's just Missouri.
You are correct, Total oils are phenomenal oils in my humble opinion. They are internationally respected for their oils in consumer, commercial and racing uses. They are also the fifth largest automotive fluids producers in the world (doesn't mean everything, but is a tangible source of their international footprint). They served my purposes for nearly a decade, but I had to make the switch when they increased their prices nearly 30% once they signed a contract with PartSource (Canadian Tire), ultimately forgoing the enthusiast market and favouring mass marketing. I understand from a corporate perspective, but was somewhat perturbed when they did so without notice to a high-volume long-time customer. There are other reasons as well, but NOT due the quality of their products.

Interesting about Partssource.

Only place Ive ever seen Tota oil products is at Benson Auto Parts.

Back