2019 Tiguan UOA 9,500 miles on 508.00 oil from dealer

Just changed oil myself for the first time on this car with Castrol LL 508.00 approved 0W-20.

This UOA was from the 2nd dealer change (included with purchase price of car). It's better than I thought it would be!

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 80
Glad you posted this. Lately, there have been a number of people on here saying they would not use this oil in their new VW products and instead want to run 502 oils, etc. I use onlt the 508 oils in my 2019 Passat and am very pleased with them. I think that this shows that the VW engineers knew what they were doing!

Originally Posted by Boomer
Glad you posted this. Lately, there have been a number of people on here saying they would not use this oil in their new VW products and instead want to run 502 oils, etc. I use onlt the 508 oils in my 2019 Passat and am very pleased with them. I think that this shows that the VW engineers knew what they were doing!

Here's another one...

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5324250/18-tiguan-not-my-uoa

Thanks wemay…. I forgot about that one.

I know we're comparing 2 different cars/drivers but based on both of these UOA's, I think the Castrol held its own vs. the premium priced LM TopTech. Just thinking (typing) out loud here... both fine oils in this application.

Originally Posted by oily boyd
Thanks wemay…. I forgot about that one.

I know we're comparing 2 different cars/drivers but based on both of these UOA's, I think the Castrol held its own vs. the premium priced LM TopTech. Just thinking (typing) out loud here... both fine oils in this application.

If using this one data point of single UOA per oils, I'd say it held up extremely well considering it was in service for significantly more mileage.

Thanks for posting yours, oily boyd. It makes my diarrhea of the mouth, constant discussion of using heavier oils after the current fill, seem pointless.

It's all good, brother wemay!

Now lets see who can go the longest without intake valve deposit issues
11.gif

Originally Posted by oily boyd
It's all good, brother wemay!

Now lets see who can go the longest without intake valve deposit issues
11.gif

cheers3.gif
indeed

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
All those miles and not oyn a boutique oil and likely a blend. LOL imagine that stuff wood yah.

thumbsup2.gif

It shows me how much we overthink these things. Me in front of the line.

Just changed oil myself for the first time on this car with Castrol LL 508.00 approved 0W-20.

This UOA was from the 2nd dealer change (included with purchase price of car). It's better than I thought it would be!

Did the dealer say what brand of 508 oil it was? Asking because VW/Audi supposedly went from recommending Castrol 508 to Mob1 508 a year or so ago.

Back