2019 Stelvio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if is ok to use Castrol Edge 0W-30 European Formula Full-Synthetic Motor Oil in these motors? I use this in my M235i Beamer and BMW service said was ok with them no warranty issue.

0W30 euro is spec, only prob is dealer suggest Pennzoil and just not finding strong supply in area. cost at dealer is just stupid. guess could order supply at worst. service wont say yes or no on the Castrol. Manual actually says Mopar API SN PLUS Certified SAE 0W-30 Full Synthetic Engine Oil and service adviser looked like a deer in headlights with no answer? idk. Maybe I try to get an email to a tech in Italy.

That engine looks to be spec'd for Chrysler MS-13340, which means you can either use the Chrysler 0W-30 oil or Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 which carries the MS-13340 spec.

If you find a way to reset BOTH oil monitors, please let me know!!!
From everything I have found only the dealer can reset it for now.

i know, been researching that also, such bs dealer only. looking for one of the saddle plug in and smart phone apps may be able to, not sure yet.

[Linked Image]

https://oilproducts.eni.com/en_GB/p...ssenger-cars/engine-oils/eni-i-sint-tech

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 14Accent
That engine looks to be spec'd for Chrysler MS-13340, which means you can either use the Chrysler 0W-30 oil or Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 which carries the MS-13340 spec.

This^^^ Factory fill was probably Selenia Digitek 0w-30 which meets FIAT 9.55535-GS1. There is no direct read across equivalent for this in the domestic oil market so I believe that MS-13340 is sort of a bridge spec from FIAT spec to API. So... 13340 is what you want and Pennz Plat 5w-30 meets it. Says so right on the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back