2019 ranger oil change - this should be interesting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...nge-procedure-contains-a-big-extra-step/

3 extra steps actually:
1) Remove the Left Front Wheel.
2) Remove access panel in fender liner ( 9 push pins)
3) Remove Shield from power steering controller(4 bolts) to access drain plug.

"Because the 2.3-liter Ecoboost four-cylinder found in the 2019 Ranger isn't exactly the same beast as that found in other Ford vehicles, the oil filter migrates to a slightly new location. A larger oil cooler means the filter no longer hangs towards the oil pan near the rear of the engine. Instead, the filter sticks out the left side, at right angles to the engine's cylinders, making it less accessible for fumbling hands."

We didn't get the no-brainer simpler design they get down in Mexico where they never stopped selling the ranger... in fact, in there they get the manual transmission ranger which competes with the hilux, nissan np, and the volkswagen pickup

Originally Posted by 4WD
Did Hilux ever pass the moose test ?
Sure I used to have an '82 4X4, in the old days-does that count?
19.gif

It certainly does seem overly complicated but with 6.2 quarts of synthetic (in a 4 cylinder) it should definitely be able to go 10K.
I think Mobil 1 AP might be a good option here.

PS: I wonder if Ford will bring back the Motorcraft PH2005 oil filter for this horizontal application?....It was previously used in the ZETEC to keep oil in the filter to prevent start up noise until Ford dropped it in favor of the PH400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back