2019 Pathfinder, rumbling noise in dashboard

JTK

We got about 33500mi on it. Noise popped up out of the blue and is very apparent when turning the wheel side/side during a parking maneuver. Seems to come from the center dash area, up high but as noises can be, it's hard to discern. The electric power steering unit is intact, fluid level correct, handling is fine, etc. Puzzling one. Made a dealer appointment for next week.

Just seeing if by chance any 2013+ Nissan Pathfinder owners have heard of this.

Yes, good call. Forgot to mention I tried that, but I can't see or hear anything given how tight that engine bay is. Ugh. Really needs to be on a lift and someone under it while someone turns the wheel I think..

My brother had the same issue on his RX and the dealership replaced the entire dash in warranty after numerous attempts to fix it.
Some of these rattles dealers just cannot understand, isolate and fix. - they just replace it entirely.
Your warranty isn't up yet, so maybe they will give you a hard time but getting it documented will save you a lot of heartburn if the noises get worse past warranty.

Originally Posted by MaximaGuy
My brother had the same issue on his RX and the dealership replaced the entire dash in warranty after numerous attempts to fix it.

I hope it doesn't come to that because the interior is squeak and rattle free. Just the rumble noise when turning the steering wheel.

Yikes, a new dash. I'm mental about squeaks and rattles. The anticipation of the first rattle developing in a new dashboard could send me over the top...¬

I would have to think this is from the electric steering since the OP states it happens when turning the wheel.

The steering column yoke usually has a plastic housing which could also have gotten loose and binding - an experiment would be to put the front end on jacks and do steering moves without the load of the front end.

Just got word from the Nissan service advisor. It's a bad strut mount. On a 2019 Pathfinder with 33K miles?!? Yikes.

They had the part in house luckily and will have it done later this afternoon.

Right front strut mount replaced and alignment checked. 34065 miles. No charge. All quiet for now.

Back