2019 Chevy Traverse Heater Core

Any GM Techs on the forum or anyone on here ever replace the heater core on this year or similar year model? Not sure if it is just the o ring leaking from one of the tube connection or the core itself has a leak. If so, how much did it cost to fixor did you diy? It looks as though you can you drain the coolant, disconnect the clips from heater core tubes and slide the core out toward the driver side. Attached pic to see what I am talking about. Thanks in advance for any info.

Attachments

• 20230611_091229.jpg
    20230611_091229.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 130
Quick connectors are prone to leaking before the core. Core leaks are more internal and window fogging. Underhood leaks are more connector issues.
Think I will try new seals and connectors first since it is not leaking out the condensate drain yet as far as I can tell. I appreciate your response.

Only calls for 3.5 hours for the heater core, Says you need to remove the Accelerator & Brake Pedal Assembly/Bracket.
Would you happen to have a copy of the step by step for this? I have searched the web and there is nothing on 18-20 year models for heater core removal.

alldatadiy is an online source for a shop manual subscription. Only $20 for a one month subscription. I have a longer one for my '20 Traverse. Get one, it also shows front seat needs to come out if doing a heater core.
Can't share as it is copyrighted. I have subscripitons for my ''fleet''.
3 yr subscription is $130 and there are coupons out there. That is less than one hour's labor at a shop if you are a serious DIY'er.

Back