2019 Chevrolet Colorado w/ 3.6L GDI V6 + 8-Speed Trans Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that full sized trucks are larger so much as the "small trucks" are closer in size to the full sized trucks than they are the previous generation small trucks.

Compare the current Ranger with the previous and the current F-150 and I believe you'll find out it is closer to the current F-150 in almost every dimension than it is to the previous North American Ranger.

For those who truly want a SMALL truck, the Ranger isn't really that.

Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
If you look at the overall dimensions, you'll see that fullsize trucks haven't really grown as much as you think.

They just LOOK bigger due to exterior design.

"I wish I bought a smaller truck."

"I wish I went with the less powerful engine."

Said nobody, EVER.

I have absolutely no need for even the current sized Ranger or Colorado, I wish I could get my hands on a smaller one. The older ones were the perfect size in my opinion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Skippy722
"I wish I bought a smaller truck."

"I wish I went with the less powerful engine."

Said nobody, EVER.

I have absolutely no need for even the current sized Ranger or Colorado, I wish I could get my hands on a smaller one. The older ones were the perfect size in my opinion.

The Ranger and Colorado are not similar sized to current Full sized trucks and the capabilities are not comparable.

Originally Posted by dave1251

The Ranger and Colorado are not similar sized to current Full sized trucks and the capabilities are not comparable.

I'm saying the new Colorado and Ranger are too big, and that I want a smaller truck than those two new trucks. I wasn't comparing them to full-size trucks.

Might drive a V6 2WD Colorado LT tomorrow after work. There's one at a nearby dealer I'm interested in. Redline pkg, LT Convenience pkg, Eaton locking differential, towing pkg, long box extended cab.

Will report back with driving impressions.

$ 29,998 after all incentives. I don't know what these things are actually selling for. $ 27K seems more reasonable.

I'm saying the new Colorado and Ranger are too big, and that I want a smaller truck than those two new trucks. I wasn't comparing them to full-size trucks.

Well then you don't want a truck because both are a little bigger then today's sedans.

Well then you don't want a truck because both are a little bigger then today's sedans.

You're right. I want a Holden Ute
21.gif

Someone around the corner from me has a new Colorado and across the street from him someone has a new Ranger. The Chevy is nice but what's up with the lower plastic trim below the front bumper? I really noticed it when I was walking by it today. I can see that being a problem in snow/off-road. He has the basic 4x4 option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back