2018 Taurus 3.5 Duratec, Amsoil SS 0w30 4000 miles

1600145832141.png
The paperwork with this sample got lost in the mail I guess. This is my wife’s car which does nothing but short trips or idling. This sample was on 4000 miles and 178 hours. Would it be a better idea to change it according to hours v miles with her type of driving?

With 4,000 mile oil change intervals I don't see any value in running the Amsoil Or doing a uoa.

With 4,000 mile oil change intervals I don't see any value in running the Amsoil Or doing a uoa.
I do. 178 hours on this oil change and TBN was down to 2.16. How in the world would this oil last for 700 hours as Amsoil claims? Or how would I have known it was that low without a uoa?

I do. 178 hours on this oil change and TBN was down to 2.16. How in the world would this oil last for 700 hours as Amsoil claims? Or how would I have known it was that low without a uoa?
New engine [8,000 miles] and how the engine is operated. Is there an oil life monitor? Amsoil says up to with the miles and hours. . Your operating conditions seems severe, very severe especially if oil change interval was in the winter. Why not Call Amsoil and see what they say . Report back.

New engine [8,000 miles] and how the engine is operated. Is there an oil life monitor? Amsoil says up to with the miles and hours. . Your operating conditions seems severe, very severe especially if oil change interval was in the winter. Why not Call Amsoil and see what they say . Report back.
Amsoil actually says “up to 15,000 miles, 700 hours, or one year, whichever comes first.”

Amsoil actually says “up to 15,000 miles, 700 hours, or one year, whichever comes first.”
I read the literature. I am guessing 4,000 miles per year no? I would say the oil passed the year part and considering the use, the oil worked.

I have the same car and had better than average wear using RGT 5w20 at about 5k. Of course I'm mixed traffic and dont idle my cars real long. My silicon was high due to a timing cover seal leak repair which is just a tube of silicone. Here's the report if you feel you are wasting your money on Amsoil.
Screenshot_20200723-215714_Office Mobile.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same car and had better than average wear using RGT 5w20 at about 7k. Of course I'm mixed traffic and dont idle my cars real long. My silicon was high due to a timing cover seal leak repair which is just a tube of silicone. Here's the report if you feel you are waiting you money on Amsoil. View attachment 29528
My bad, it was 0w20 shell RGT

Back