2018 Mustang GT - M1 5w30, 4250 miles

This is the first UOA for the 5.0 since I bought it. I didn't bother with the oil that was in the car since I had zero info on all the details. As the title says, M1 5w30 with 4250 mile on the oil. Mostly to and from work, a couple small road trips, and the very occasional quick acceleration. Oil life meter was at 10%, but I was headed on a long road trip and didn't want to wait. Same oil went back in.

1600294741401.png

That looks like a very healthy motor and considering that the Coyote is one of Ford's best gas engines, I'd take this any day over an Ecoboost. I bet that car gets great SPG. 😁

Great mpg, too! After this road trip, the average was 29.3 mpg! Crazy!

I know, but those Smiles Per Gallon are priceless! 😁 It would be awesome if Ford would pull a Dodge and offer a four-door muscle car, maybe call it the Ford Falcon. If it were up to me, I would trade in my 2018 SF Sport today for a Mustang or a Challenger, but my wife wouldn't like it because of the kids. Oh well, maybe later in life.

Looks good, how long did it take you to get the results? Blackstone got my delivery last Friday....I'm dying to know the results, lol

One complaint, the shear stability of M1 5w30 isn't that great. Should be better IMO.

Can you recommend a 5W-30 motor oil with good shear stability and detergency? Looking to change the oil on the 2017 Santa Fe soon. It's a GDI engine, so it trashes motor oil.

Can you recommend a 5W-30 motor oil with good shear stability and detergency? Looking to change the oil on the 2017 Santa Fe soon. It's a GDI engine, so it trashes motor oil.

If it beats up the oil that bad, I'd just use any d1g2 synthetic 5w30. Or a 10w30 like QSUD (Noack of 5% and little to no VII's).

If it beats up the oil that bad, I'd just use any d1g2 synthetic 5w30. Or a 10w30 like QSUD (Noack of 5% and little to no VII's).

Thank you. It's soot and fuel dilution, what GDI and TGDI do to oil, especially when using cheap gas like I am. Thank you.

What is amazing is my Dad has a Chrysler 200C and we took a trip from Central Maryland to south of Pittsburgh PA and he averaged like 33 mpg. Now of course this is a V6 , but he was doing like 75 to 80 most of the way and the rpms were below 2000 rpms. So your 29.3 mpg is something I can understand and know to be true.

3.15, 3.55 or 3.73 gears ?

Nice gas mileage for over 400 horsepower.
3.55. On my trip to CO last year, going through the Rockies with a lot of time spent in Sport mode in the twisties, I got almost 30 mpg. I have no doubt if I was going on a much flatter trip, I would definitely be in the 30s.

Reactions: a5m
Back