2018 Charger Hellcat 16,000 mile update

Have 16,733 miles as of last night. This car has been an absolute joy. No oil consumption or smoke on startup since break in. This is my first "new" FCA product and these cars are well built. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

People who don't know any better knock these cars as "old" but I disagree. FCA has really refined the LX/LD platform cars to something truly fantastic. (I mean they've had 15 years.) It's the last of the American rwd sedans. Comfy, fast, decent build quality. Nothing really compares. CTSV, M5, e63, rs6 are great but also way more $$$$.

Cool car. A guy down the street has a 2017 Hellcat Challenger and I get a huge smile when ever I get to go for a ride . I love the engine. The across the street neighbor has a late model Ferrari and a Lambo . I have friends that have other model Ferraris and I would rather have a Charger or Challenger any day andI like the white !! Keep us informed as time goes by Thanks for the post, it put a smile on my face and I didn't get to go for a ride in it.

Thanks everyone. Glad to put a smile on your face CT8. I will definitely continue with updates as I get more miles. The Challenger is beautiful, but the Charger is great with a family. Making a lot of memories (safe ones) with my kids. This is my first FCA new car purchase and I also went with a 7 year/60,000 mile extended warranty. Now two years plus in, I wouldn't have purchased extended warranty knowing what I know now. Plan on keeping this car long-term.

Glad it's going well! Keep us updated when you put more miles on it. I am very curious how current model "SRT" line vehicles are doing at 50-150K miles. I have always opined that they got much better raw materials and QA/QC than the non-SRT line.

Glad you're having a great time with your young car.

Both look good but the Hellcated Charger looks a little better than the Challenger. I like white too.
Automotive adage, "If a car looks good in white, it's a good design."

A few months ago a friend's son bought a Challenger Hellcat. The fellow had a trade in and the crumbiest of jobs.
Now he has the balance of a 7 year loan and lives with his mother.
I was so shocked I went on this board and ranted like a darn fool as if the car was at fault.
I'm over it now.

Wow that looks great in black and white. I've always liked the look of the Charger better than the Challenger. Hopefully you can keep piling on the trouble-free miles.

My next car for sure!

I was in engine design at FCA (Pentastar program) during the hellcat development years and wow the testing on that thing was tough. The numbers were no public at the time but they forgot to shut off access to the dyno data so we would all log in and check the data now and then. Was a fun thing to watch come alive and nobody thought it would make it to production either! Also, a few engineers added in some clever design features to really beef up the parts (had to hide it from the bean counters!). It is really well designed and manufactured. Take care of it and till last!

Second question/statement. How is your tire life? My Z06 was awful...fun...but would eat a rear set of tires per summer even with "normal" Z06 type driving...

Originally Posted by Ws6
Glad it's going well! Keep us updated when you put more miles on it. I am very curious how current model "SRT" line vehicles are doing at 50-150K miles. I have always opined that they got much better raw materials and QA/QC than the non-SRT line.

At the rate I am going, it will take me 30+ years to hit 50K miles on my SRT. I need to start driving more.
smile.gif

I'm still enjoying mine, although mine is just the regular non-HC SRT.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Originally Posted by e30m3pilot
My next car for sure!

I was in engine design at FCA (Pentastar program) during the hellcat development years and wow the testing on that thing was tough. The numbers were no public at the time but they forgot to shut off access to the dyno data so we would all log in and check the data now and then. Was a fun thing to watch come alive and nobody thought it would make it to production either! Also, a few engineers added in some clever design features to really beef up the parts (had to hide it from the bean counters!). It is really well designed and manufactured. Take care of it and till last!

Great info e30m3pilot. I am excited every time I drive it, never had a car like this before. I can't get enough of the supercharger whine.

My 6 year old son loves it. I pulled it out of the garage and noticed my son was taking too long to get in. I asked him why he is standing there and he said "I am listening to the exhaust." He says he wants to learn to drive in the Hellcat. Great times.

Regarding tires, my alignment was off from the factory so my Pirellis only lasted 7,500 miles before I went to the PS4s (was the plan all along). My tech noticed at first rotation the tires are showing some uneven wear across the tires, so we cross rotated them. Not sure if this is just how the tires sit on the car? I do a lot of canyon drives, so maybe that is also causing this? PS4s have a 30,000 mile warranty, so hoping to get at least that out of them.

Now in the spirit of BITOG, does FCA change the oil when they complete the Hellcat's 42 minute dynamometer shakedown?

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Ws6

At the rate I am going, it will take me 30+ years to hit 50K miles on my SRT. I need to start driving more.
smile.gif

I'm still enjoying mine, although mine is just the regular non-HC SRT.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Quattro Pete, hoped you would see this thread. Love that color. Is that picture with the soft 99 coating on?

Originally Posted by mbacfp
Quattro Pete, hoped you would see this thread. Love that color. Is that picture with the soft 99 coating on?

Thanks. Yes, it is.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by mbacfp

Thanks. Yes, it is.

How do you find soft 99 holding up? I'm using Sonax Polymer Net Shield and topping with P&S Bead Maker in between washes.

Usually forced to wash it sooner due to brake dust...actually washed yesterday.

[Linked Image]

Back