2017 Elantra se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a used 2017 Elantra se for my daughter paid 9k with 28k miles. My friend buddy there in a VW club was selling it. Not on the road yet but hopefully soon. I haven't bought a used car in a long time I was shocked at prices at dealership and privately. I detailed it this Saturday I'm still sore but cleaned up pretty good.

IMG_20191102_131902312_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191103_124738292_HDR.jpg

Congratulations!
Very nice and one of my favorite compact sedans.
Elantra SE trim are going for $2K-$3K more around here.

Last edited:
Thanks neighbor. The prices of used cars are ridiculous in our area. Looking on car guru's was a fun experience in the hidden markups that suddenly made the deal a total rip-off.

That's a good deal! I think there are probably a tsunami of 30k-mile 2017 Elantras on the market. We turned in our leased one in August. In mid-to-late 2016 Hyundai was practically giving away Elantra SEs with their $99/mo. (we paid about $140/mo. since we didn't qualify for a couple discounts, but still a screaming deal) and no money down lease deals. They flooded the market and now those are all coming back after 3 years. Dealers are asking like $14k for these, which as you can see is a bit silly when you can get a brand new 2020 for like $17k after discounts.

But yes, the Elantra is a perfectly acceptable commuter car. Not an exciting choice, but we didn't ever have to take ours into service even once in 3 years.

Originally Posted by nickaluch
Thanks neighbor. The prices of used cars are ridiculous in our area. Looking on car guru's was a fun experience in the hidden markups that suddenly made the deal a total rip-off.

I hear ya. Just about everything here is a rip-off....

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I bought a 3 year old used car (a '65 Comet) in 1968. I paid $1200 for it. Using an inflation calculator that works out to $8600 in today's dollars. So, 51 years later a similar price for a used car of a similar age.

Mine wasn't a great car but it made it through the remaining 3 years of my first degree, a year of work as an engineer, pre-med, and half way through medical school. I expect your Elantra is a better car and hope it serves your daughter well.

You should have about 3 years/32k left on the factory bumper to bumper warranty - at $9k that's an incredible deal.

Originally Posted by wemay
Congrats to your daughter for having a decent Pop.
Great job all around.

01.gif

Yes well done. A good price, reliable car, still under warranty, nice color and a nice detail.

Thank you all for your kind words. I think it was a good deal considering the insane prices for used cars around here. Still not on the road yet still waiting for someone paperwork should happen by end of next week. My daughter took her road test yesterday and passed so let the fun begin. She can only drive to and from work for now. Today she grabbed the keys to my beater and I'm guessing took the long way to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back