2015 RAM EcoDiesel 3.0L, 4,796mi, Valvoline Heavy Duty Maxlife 15w40

Here's my latest UOA for our 2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel. Almost all of it was towing our travel trailer through Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and back to Lake Tahoe. (Zion, Grand Canyon, and Las Vegas)

Overall I think it held up really well and further proves that a 15w40 Synthetic Blend holds up better than a 5w40 Full Synthetic. (tongue in cheek, I do UOA's for fun and BITOG is a hobby of mine so I understand that this is non-scientific)

I had an internal coolant leak and the EGR was replaced under warranty. I also replaced the oil pan to an AFE two OCI's ago so the silicon is from the gasket maker. I hope that the coolant being flagged is remnants from the EGR being replaced.

20200919_200544.jpg

20200613_081242.jpg
www w xXxX?

I honestly would have never thought that the Mystik would outperform all of the other brands. If it didnt get so cold here I would be running that 15/40 in my diesel GL.

I honestly would have never thought that the Mystik would outperform all of the other brands. If it didnt get so cold here I would be running that 15/40 in my diesel GL.

I agree, that surprised me too and really opened my eyes. I wish Tractor Supply still carried it.

Back