2015 Malibu Battery(s) Replacement.

2015 Malibu 2.5L. Eco. with Stop Start
Battery(s) are nine years old. Still going strong. No issues at all. I cant see them lasting much longer?
Upon replacement. Do I need to get Computer/Battery current sensor? Re-calibrated? OR can I just replace batteries without Computer reset?

Thanks for the replies.

good service for sure you prolly drive a lot regularly!! a load test can determine your batteries future

No programming required.

I have a 2016, 8th gen malibu, just like yours. That is incredible that both batteries have lasted this long without setting the P305F code, which is super common for the 8th gen malibu. That's basically unheard of in GM world these days to get that kind of life out of a factory AGM. A few months back, I replaced the under-hood battery in mine. They come with a monster AGM 900CCA H8 size battery. I bought a Walmart everstart max H8. The auxiliary battery in the trunk is a GM only item. It's basically a motorcycle battery. My malibu is a rebuilt salvage vehicle and someone prior to me owning it, hacked off the factory battery cables for the trunk battery and scabbed in wire and crimp fittings so you can use a generic motorcycle battery. It ain't right, but it's working.

I have the monster H8 as well. Planning on Walmart everstart because its $72.00 cheaper than Costco. Already have new a/c delco aux battery on my bench from Rock Auto.
Thanks for info. The forum here is a wealth of information.

I've replaced my Walmart everstart max H8 in my 2014 three times since spring of 2020. Other vehicles and Silverado 2011 which were all non AGM lasted a long time. Dont remember but I guess OEM in Malibu was AGM and it lasted six years. Had professional battery guy check charging system on it lsat time last summer and all ok. Im thinking not going with the Walmart one again. Anybody suggest a better battery out there? I think the Malibu requires an AGM.

I've replaced my Walmart everstart max H8 in my 2014 three times since spring of 2020. Other vehicles and Silverado 2011 which were all non AGM lasted a long time. Dont remember but I guess OEM in Malibu was AGM and it lasted six years. Had professional battery guy check charging system on it lsat time last summer and all ok. Im thinking not going with the Walmart one again. Anybody suggest a better battery out there? I think the Malibu requires an AGM.
Might be worth trying an AC Delco.

I bought the Dewalt battery charger that has the reconditioning feature. The battery charged over night and the instructions say to recondition the battery just push push the button and it will do what instructions claim it will do and runs about 24 hours to complete the cycle. Worse comes to worse I can still exchange the battery in warranty, or buy a different battery and have a great charger. Does the 2014 Malibu have to have an AGM battery?

I had this problem in a Chrysler Pacifica. I basically found out it was the little auxiliary battery (little motorcycle sized battery) prematurely killing the larger battery.

In my vehicle I just disconnected the auxiliary battery and that has solved the problem. I also disabled start stop. It was costing too much to replace the batteries.

Back