2013 Ford Edge 3.5 NA. 118k mi; Mobil 1 Advanced 3.5k mi; after engine work done

This is the second oil change I had done after I had the timing chain, tensioners, guides and water pump replaced out of preventive maintenance. The first oil change I only went about 500 miles.

This is Mobil 1 Advanced 5W20
2013 Ford Edge 3.5 Duratech 118,000 at the time of the UOA. 3500 miles on the oil

Last edited:
UIN 0A41319
Make Ford
Model Edge
Serial No.
Site
Name Natural Gas Engine
Make Ford
Model
Serial No.
Capacity: 6.0 qt
DIAGNOSIS
Engine wear levels appear satisfactory for first sample.
Silicon appears to be from source other than dirt, and
not creating abrasive wear within

Metals (ppm)
Iron (Fe) 16
Chromium (Cr) <1
Lead (Pb) <1
Copper (Cu) 6
Tin (Sn) <1
Aluminium (Al) 4
Nickel (Ni) <1
Silver (Ag) <1
Titanium (Ti) <1
Vanadium (V) <1

Contaminants (ppm)
Silicon (Si) 59
Sodium (Na) 4
Potassium (K) <1

Additives (ppm)
Magnesium (Mg) 509
Calcium (Ca) 1437
Barium (Ba) <1
Phosphorus (P) 743
Zinc (Zn) 943
Molybdenum (Mo) 196
Boron (B) 70

Contaminants
Water (%) <0.05
Coolant No
Physical Tests
Viscosity (cSt 100C) 8.3
Solids (%) <0.1

Physical / Chemical
Acid Number (mgKOH/g) 1.80

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t remember seeing Mobil 1 with that much moly lately, could that be related to the recent work?
I don't know to be honest with you.. but I did an oil change, 500 miles I believe it was after the work was done. Then I put Mobil 1 in it.
The technician put in Napa 5W20 synthetic.

Thanks, They are a convenient & widely available kit to use. They did have a slow turnaround time there for a while but I've not had much delay using them.
I was actually surprised I had it back, in a little over a week, if it was even that long, much faster than Blackstone Labs

I'm figuring that is still break in wear.. It is a 3.5 gasoline Duratech engine. I can't figure out why there is more additives in the UOA then the VOA?

Back