2013 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost Motul 8100 Eco Lite 5w-30, 5690 mile OCI

Well, obviously OP should keep doing what he’s doing, seems to be working. I did briefly look at the various Motul’s just now. I don’t see mention of Esters in the Eco-Lite, though that may not mean there aren’t any. I only looked at PDS, not SDS (which required providing email etc, so I balked). Motul does brag about Esters in their racing oils, but not the 8100’s that I looked at. So what? Well, maybe if there were cleaning esters, the oil would perform better in a “remedial” way. But if you start with Eco-Lite, maybe you never need “remedial.”

@EcoBoost, Castrol is in it now, and if you had any reason to notice my Subaru rants (which I presume you don’t ), you would see I’m sort of a Castrol (Euro) fanboy. But I fell into taking advice from a certain someone whose name shall not be disclosed (🤣) and he steered me in a different direction in the EcoBoost…for better or for worse. As it turns out, he was a fan of Ester-based and other “vegetable” oils, though that was before HPL became the buzz. I lost contact, so returned to Castrol for an “emergency” fill, though I have at least 18 mo worth of Amsoil SS to go through…which I somewhat regret, though I have no hands-on experience with it yet.

I do wish OP had used Oil Analysers instead of Blackstone so we had a better idea of the fuel dilution…but again, what he’s been doing has worked better for him than what I’ve been doing, so who am I to give advice.
I don't believe you'll be disappointed with the Amsoil SS. Even though I haven't run it in several years, I ran the SS in a Mazdaspeed6 2.3T & Ford 2.0T DI engines with great results for several years. Different engines & vehicles than your 3.5EB but still turbo DI Ford engines with similar issues to the 3.5EB.

300k on original turbos. Wow, I would not have thought that possible. Good to see this.

+1 on Motul. I come from a MC background also, and have used their stuff for 30+ years, here and there.

Just drained some Gear 300 out of a RX8 diff, and at 48k miles, the magnet wasn't even halfway covered with fuzz. Very scientific, I know. But I think their products are universally good.

Last edited:
Back