2012 Ram 2500 Delvac 15W40 7,763 miles

Good morning folks. Here is my latest sample from Blackstone. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this one giving the driving conditions the truck is seeing currently. The EVIC came on ~7,500 miles as usual and I changed the oil shortly after. The details of the oil change are in this post.

Thoughts?

Todd

UOA.jpg

10k would be perfect for this oil in your cummins. It has a bit of visc left for a few more miles before reducing out of grade. What is EVIC? An oil life monitor? Why the new short block? bearings went bad?

10k would be perfect for this oil in your cummins. It has a bit of visc left for a few more miles before reducing out of grade. What is EVIC? An oil life monitor? Why the new short block? bearings went bad?

I just switched to Mystik on this oil change, so will probably go 8K, then 10K after that.

They EVIC is the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC).

This truck was returned to Ram from the original owner. One of the fixes was a short block, I'm not sure why. I am the second owner and have had great luck with this truck.

Just my $0.02

I just switched to Mystik on this oil change, so will probably go 8K, then 10K after that.

They EVIC is the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC).

This truck was returned to Ram from the original owner. One of the fixes was a short block, I'm not sure why. I am the second owner and have had great luck with this truck.

Just my $0.02
Thanks! Always like hearing a happy story. And you would've heard something by now after 50k more miles after that repair.

And good plan by the way. Last year a guy talked to me swearing how great Mystik was. 🤣

Thanks! Always like hearing a happy story. And you would've heard something by now after 50k more miles after that repair.

And good plan by the way. Last year a guy talked to me swearing how great Mystik was. 🤣
Yeah I will know soon enough about the Mystik. I hope it's good! I have 9 more gallons to use which is 3 oil changes. It does not seem like a highly marketed oil but apparently several farmers use it.

Just my $0.02

Yeah I will know soon enough about the Mystik. I hope it's good! I have 9 more gallons to use which is 3 oil changes. It does not seem like a highly marketed oil but apparently several farmers use it.

Just my $0.02
Yeah it seems to be one of those oils that sit quietly on the shelves in many places.

Good morning folks. Here is my latest sample from Blackstone. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this one giving the driving conditions the truck is seeing currently. The EVIC came on ~7,500 miles as usual and I changed the oil shortly after. The details of the oil change are in this post.

Thoughts?

Todd

View attachment 162669
I just returned from a 16000 mile round trip pulling my fifth wheel to Alaska and back. I''m waiting on a sampling kit and am going to send it in and see what the oil looks like in my Cummins 6.7 after about 17000 miles.

Just my $0.02
basically any oil that meets the spec is going to be good... nothing wrong with Mystic or Traveller or any of the farm and ranch brands..

Back