2010 Toyota Corolla 1.8L 6200KM 6 month PP Euro LX 0W-30 (322,602KM)

EDIT! I inputted fields WRONG DID NOT Burn 4L in 6200KM, only burned 500-600ML MY BAD! Sorry

This is the first ever UOA for this older car. 322,602KM on the odo.

I’m no expert but it looks pretty decent. Any insights BITOG fam?

Silicon might be higher because I changed the engine air filter at the time of this oil change. Hard to guess.

IMG_1139.jpeg

IMG_1115.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, can't really tell b/c you've added 4 liters to this sample and it's such a short duration run. That LX is hard to find in the US and appears to have a good dose of boron.

Well, can't really tell b/c you've added 4 liters to this sample and it's such a short duration run. That LX is hard to find in the US and appears to have a good dose of boron.

Good catch fantastic, 4 liters in 3800 miles or so, it took me a minute to see how much oil was added, then I saw Lube Added. LOL

Well, is it worth doing a UOA on an Oil Burner?
That's a very good question. I would imagine it would be more of a curiosity thing if you're putting in a liter every 1000 km. You're constantly replacing with new oil so it's not really enough "Used Oil" in that sense. Wether it's worth it or not ultimately comes down to the owner.

That 4L was a the fresh fill it actually takes 4.2 but they don't take decimals. As for this 6200KM run about 500-600ml Top Up Added

Guess I inputted fields wrong... sorry guys did NOT Burn 4L in 6200 KM just 500ml sorry for the confusion.

That 4L was a the fresh fill it actually takes 4.2 but they don't take decimals. As for this 6200KM run about 500-600ml Top Up Added

Guess I inputted fields wrong... sorry guys did NOT Burn 4L in 6200 KM just 500ml sorry for the confusion.
Ah, thanks for updating.

That sounds normal. 6200 km is about 3800 miles.
Great engine with so much miles, I think.

So you added 16 to 20 ounces of oil in 3800 miles, keep using the HPL Oil, you are doing great. Keep us posted with your progress with using this HPL oil. This oil might clean things out and going forward you may be using less oil.

So you added 16 to 20 ounces of oil in 3800 miles, keep using the HPL Oil, you are doing great. Keep us posted with your progress with using this HPL oil. This oil might clean things out and going forward you may be using less oil.
Did not use HPL, That last run was Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX 0W-30, I just filled it for the summer with Amsoil OE 5W-30.

Silicon might be higher because I changed the engine air filter at the time of this oil change. Hard to guess.
New air filters are much less efficient until they load up with some dust, but I doubt much of that silicon is from dust, unless you've somehow managed to find a lot of dusty dirt roads to drive on around Vancouver. 17 ppm is probably close enough to the universal averages for this engine.

The report looks really good. An 8-10k km OCI would be very reasonable with this oil.

Back