2010 Infiniti G37x Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any owners with 2010 Infiniti G37x with some feedback on it? Looking at one with ~120K miles and wanted to get some inputs
smile.gif

Oil galleys issue and some electronics gremlins are popping up on 'google', also many people suggest to go above 2010 - is that accurate?

Anything other particular weak spots? Thanks all
thumbsup2.gif

Need 2013 and newer to avoid the oil gallery gasket issue. I've done them before, picture of one here:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...infiniti-g37-p0011-and-p0524#Post5167562

The rear differential bushing is also a weak spot; most are leaking fluid and need replacing by 100K. We replace them with the whiteline bushing kit instead of replacing the rear subframe.

You can also plan on doing the rear brakes every 30-45K unless you have the Akebono BBK's.

Also, the ones which came equipped with green coolant (most of the 08-10's) tend to seep externally from the head gaskets. The engines which came with blue coolant do not have this issue. Not sure why.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Also, the ones which came equipped with green coolant (most of the 08-10's) tend to seep externally from the head gaskets. The engines which came with blue coolant do not have this issue. Not sure why.

Thanks for the feedback. It's a sedan and I'll stay away from it, rather run from it!!!

Thanks again
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Originally Posted by The Critic

Thanks for the feedback. It's a sedan and I'll stay away from it, rather run from it!!!

Thanks again
thumbsup2.gif

They only seep and form a crust. The seepage does not evolve into bigger issues. It wouldn't scare me.

Water leaks on cars with sunroofs. Huge design error that allows water into car. Probably the biggest electrical gremlin contributor. Leak comes from sunroof front drains at the firewall connection. Dealers charge big $$ to fix with the repairs failing within a year or so of the repair. Re-route the drain lines and no more issues with smell, electrical, water leaks.

I have worked on many of them, my inlaws have a G37x, and I have a Q50s with the same 3.7 motor.

That car is known to cook the trans fluid. So drop the pan, clean, and then put some new fluid in. Takes a special tool as you have to pump it back in through the pan. I did that on my inlaws and then did a drain/fill 10k later.
The valve cover gaskets start to leak around 100-110k on average i have noticed. As long as the spark plugs are not wet then just use a high mileage oil to slow down.
Valley Gaskets, as you and other posted about, are a known issue also. Have not done that job or seen it pop up in the cars I have works on.
Rear brakes ten to wear out a little faster than normal. So keep a eye on those. Cheap and easy to do but still a thing.
Replacing the starter is a pain as it requires moving the driver axle/suspension/sway bar to get it out. Not a common failure part just a FYI from experience.

Other than that they are reliable if taken care of.

I know maybe I am spoiled by the reliability of current and past Honda cars. Any major repairs like in north of $2K-$3K I'll rather avoid and buy something with at least not expensive known issue.

I'll check out 2011 or higher for G37. Thanks all.

I would also test drive one extensively. I researched them before buying my BMW, and learned about the issues mentioned above. In the luxury sport sedan category as a whole they rank as being quite reliable, but I hated the few I test drove. The seating position was strangely high, the steering has a numb point right on center which made highway driving a bit "twitchy", and the transmission/throttle input programming was just awful on the 7 speed auto. I was also spoiled because I had driven many BMW 3 series cars before the G37x, so if I hadn't done that my comparison likely would have been different. The VQ does have a wonderful sound, especially with an exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back