2007 Rincon oil change

Hello, I am about to buy a 2007 Honda Rincon and would like to know what oil to use.

It need JASO MA and I am wondering it I can use Rotella MV 5w-30 which is JASO DH2.

I do not know these standards much.

Thanks!

What CC and transmission? Honda did their research concerning oils and discovered 5W30's cause faster transmission wear.

No. DH2 is a low ash spec for diesels with exhaust treatment devices. The multi-vehicle T6 does not carry JASO MA. I have an '03 Rincon and have used T6 5w40, which does carry MA, since switching away from Honda oils. I use it in all my small engines, actually. Quality stuff and easy to find down here in the US.

Here's the viscosity/temp chart for the Rincon, FWIW.
1618238681656.png

Last edited:
No. DH2 is a low ash spec for diesels with exhaust treatment devices. The multi-vehicle T6 does not carry JASO MA. I have an '03 Rincon and have used T6 5w40, which does carry MA, since switching away from Honda oils. I use it in all my small engines, actually. Quality stuff and easy to find down here in the US.

Here's the viscosity/temp chart for the Rincon, FWIW.
View attachment 53849
I am in Canada where it gets down to -20 celsius often, does it mean I should get 0w-30? If so, is there such an oil with JASO MA?

Does the machine get down to -20? Or is it kept in a garage where it stays above that?

Do you have a local Honda dealer? It would be curious to see what they fill machines with in the winter.

I've never experienced temps that low, much less have to plan for it, so I don't have a good answer for you - sorry.

Does the machine get down to -20? Or is it kept in a garage where it stays above that?

Do you have a local Honda dealer? It would be curious to see what they fill machines with in the winter.

I've never experienced temps that low, much less have to plan for it, so I don't have a good answer for you - sorry.
It will be in a garage, so I guess, -10c is the coldest start it will see.

Back