2007 Focus

I have a 2006 that has 280k on it. I have changed the filter and fluid a few times over the miles. I am starting to get a long shift from 2nd to 3rd, but so far it is holding up.

Yep, these were amazingly durable little cars. Mine has been pretty trouble free.
Despite only being 4 speed, they are certainly tough.
I loved being able to "service" mine by simply pulling a couple of quarts through the dip stick tube and refilling.
Certainly made the shifts smoother.

Too bad the rest of the car was terrible (seats, NVH etc.)

Yep, these were amazingly durable little cars. Mine has been pretty trouble free.
The Focus (before 2012 when they put the garbage DCT automatic in it) and the Fusion were great cars....Ford in it’s ‘wisdom’ decided to kill them off and sell only (gas hog) SUVs and trucks right before gas went up nearly $2 a gallon....such great mismanagement.

The Focus (before 2012 when they put the garbage DCT automatic in it) and the Fusion were great cars....Ford in it’s ‘wisdom’ decided to kill them off and sell only (gas hog) SUVs and trucks right before gas went up nearly $2 a gallon....such great mismanagement.
Blame the gooberment and emissions ratings.
SUV's and trucks have less stringent emissions requirements, so why wouldn't Ford make more of them?!
At least they can keep 'merica rolling!

My daughter has a 2010 focus bought new. I change the oil once a year and the trans oil and filter about every 30,000 miles and a radiator drain and fill plus the brake fluid [ flush and fill] every few years and it has been an out standing vehicle.

Back