2006 Jetta TDI 5-speed with 324K miles in Florida

What was the Rocketchip tune for? What stage? or was it to just tune out emissions? not that I'm interested, it just doesn't jive. Not sure why one would leave it at a stock 100hp when a tune should wake it up. [When my turbo went I added an RC2 with a bigger turbo, and oh my, did I love that diesel power.]

Originally Posted by supton
What was the Rocketchip tune for? What stage? or was it to just tune out emissions? not that I'm interested, it just doesn't jive. Not sure why one would leave it at a stock 100hp when a tune should wake it up. [When my turbo went I added an RC2 with a bigger turbo, and oh my, did I love that diesel power.]
Sounds like someone dropped a lot of money in the car in recent enough repairs possibly could not get it running right sold it cheap to this guy, who wants to flip it with claims to all kinds of work done.

Does the sunroof leak? I see water damage on the passenger seat. I do enjoy your posts. You are very thorough!

Originally Posted by Powerglide
Jibe is the correct word. Jive was what the brothers (of any skin color) spoke in the 1970s.
LOL

Jibe is the correct word. Jive was what the brothers (of any skin color) spoke in the 1970s.
Doah! I stand corrected. Thank you.

Yeah-that's a $1000 car AT BEST.
I haven't kept up with TDi's but it's a running car with no rust holes in it that can pass an inspection (emission and safety). $2k and up I could easily see. The rules changed after The Great Recession for car pricing.

You people are ridiculous. It's easily a $3k car. Yeah it's got a lot of miles. But the TDIs have a big following, and this one has had the camshaft (common problem) and turbo replaced. People think there's $300 clean running and driving cars. Yeah, sure.

Originally Posted by KCJeep
Tough crowd. Cool car.
Truth. If it was a Corolla or Yaris they'd be all over it. This forum is on the spectrum for sure.

Originally Posted by 2010Civic
Originally Posted by CT8
$3000. For a 2006 VW !!!!!!
I think $300 would be more like it.
Yep. Especially with 300K miles.