2006 Ford Expedition Limited.....harsh ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents just bought a low mileage 06 expedition. Its a pretty awesome SUV. All the options. Being the limited model it has all the option the lincoln navi has. Now the ride. We have had GM suvs (tahos and suburbans) for the last 15 years. This is the first ford. Even with the 4 wheel independent suspension I find the ride to be alot harsher than our 2004 Tahoe. I mean this expo has the sticker price of 48k, and I would hope for the person who bought it new would want a lil smoother ride. Also I my self have been driving a acura for the past 8 years so I might be a little bias.

The price we paid was 21k with 20k miles, cant complain about that.

What kind of tires are installed ? What is the recommended tire pressure in the svs manual or on the door post sticker? Are the shock absorbers the original? brain storming !!

Is that a half ton or a 3/4 ton? I've only ever driven Chevy trucks (and not very many of them) but from what I've heard Ford trucks tend to have stiffer suspensions than GM's.

The tires are Continentals and I am pretty sure they are factory shocks/struts. I havent checked tire pressure yet but will check that out next.

On the plus side the interior is light years ahead of our previous tahoe. The Ac seats are awesome to. The stock ford premium sound system is far superior than the Bose in our tahoe to. Power fold rear seats are great if we need extra storage to.

A few years back a friend said that a coworker went on and on for months about getting an F250 pickup, and finally bought one. Several weeks later he asked the coworker how the truck was doing, and the guy said he traded it in on another vehicle. Expressing surprise after all of the talk about getting it my friend asked why, and the coworker said "it drove like a truck'.

:^)

Originally Posted By: 1sttruck
A few years back a friend said that a coworker went on and on for months about getting an F250 pickup, and finally bought one. Several weeks later he asked the coworker how the truck was doing, and the guy said he traded it in on another vehicle. Expressing surprise after all of the talk about getting it my friend asked why, and the coworker said "it drove like a truck'.

:^)

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back