2005 Sienna 3.3l Penzoil Ultra Platinum 5k OCI

2005 Sienna, yearly oil change, Probably ran about 5k on this one though due to an error on my part I not know the exact OCI mileage wise. Some short tripping in the winter, though enough longer trips that it appears moisture is not an issue.

Attachments

• SIenna UOA1.pdf
    244.9 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Great oil -- you should sleep like a baby tonite.
Yes, we LOVE this vehicle. Its used hard in the fact it tows alot and Im not afraid to pull up to the 3500lb rating, which it does just fine. It does everything acceptably. Its on ongoing joke between my wife and I, we always say we just need 5 more years out of it lol. We liked many features of the second gen sienna over the third gen. I would consider a 3rd gen with 6 speed trans though.

Very disappointed with the 2021 Sienna, not a good fit for us, Not planning on replacing ours any time soon anyway unless something unforseen happens to it (Wreck, Theft, Fire...ect)

I keep my eyes open for a third gen that is low miles and a decent price and clean and have not found anything that I couldn't pass up yet.

Yes, we LOVE this vehicle. Its used hard in the fact it tows alot and Im not afraid to pull up to the 3500lb rating, which it does just fine. It does everything acceptably. Its on ongoing joke between my wife and I, we always say we just need 5 more years out of it lol. We liked many features of the second gen sienna over the third gen. I would consider a 3rd gen with 6 speed trans though.

Very disappointed with the 2021 Sienna, not a good fit for us, Not planning on replacing ours any time soon anyway unless something unforseen happens to it (Wreck, Theft, Fire...ect)

I keep my eyes open for a third gen that is low miles and a decent price and clean and have not found anything that I couldn't pass up yet.
Contentment is HUGE -- glad you and the wifey are happy overall with the Sienna.

Earlier in the garage I was thinking, I cannot remember if I had used Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra Platinum. I usually keep track of these things but this interval data was lost.

My mom has a first gen 2002 Sienna with the 3.0 V6 that I put PUP 5w-30 in and ignored for a year. It went through a few quarts and ran low, and quite a bit leaked out from the rear valve cover gasket. Level was at the very tip of dipstick. It was also short tripped a lot. It's definitely not the oil's fault, I should have treated it better that year. In the end, the engine survived! Pennzoil got the job done.

I felt bad for that van. I ended up taking it to the shop I work at on my day off and replaced both valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, PCV, and upper intake gasket. It only went through about a pint of oil in 3000 miles since the repair. No sludge in motor either. It's running strong at 174,000 miles like any other Toyota.

Those engines are very easy on oil. I maintain one with well over 200k on it and I change it every 5-8k depending on when the vehicle is available to me. Burns about 1 quart in that time, roughly. I usually use more inexpensive oils like Supertech Syn or Mobil Super.

Back