2002 Silverado sold in less than 24hrs

I posted on here about my 2002 Silverado and selling it and just wanted to do a follow-up. I posted it on Craiglist and it was sold in less than 24hrs. I got $6k for it. The individual drove 3.5hrs here to get it. I can't believe it sold so fast and for that price. To me, it was well worth it but from the talk on here, it seemed I would have been lucky to get $4k for it. Here is the info in case anyone was wondering. I did change out the T case fluid right before and didn't list it. Looking back at my records it was time to change and considering it only took less than 2 full qts and is easy with the new AMSOIL squeeze packs, why not.

Purchased new on 10/11/2001 From Paramount Chevy in Goldsboro, now Team Chevrolet
Black 2002 Silverado LT Z71 4x4 extended cab, 6.5-foot bed, 5.3l engine with 4l60e transmission.
200,000 miles.
Comes with a hard tonneau cover.
Replaced factory stereo with an Alpine CD head unit. You can make hands free calling. It has Blue Tooth so you can listen to music off your phone as well as plug-in an iPod and listen to music that way and a JL Audio amp with a 10" sub under the back seat. Front and rear door speakers replaced with Infinity speakers. All purchased from Crutchfield except the rear sub and amp, that was from Speaker works in Goldsboro NC
Leather heated and six-way power front seats. Auto-dimming rearview mirror. Heated side rearview mirrors, power-adjustable, manual-folding.
Rear window one piece with window defroster.
Changed out transmission filter and fluid at 192,829 on 1/23/2020
Changed out cabin filters at 189,982 on 8/7/2019
Installed new wiper blades at 192,161 on 10/4/2019
Installed new battery at 196,231 on 4/9/2020
New air filter Car Quest air filter 87487 at 194,604 on 1/27/2020
Rebuilt alternator Goldsboro Starter and Alternator at 160,289 on 2/3/2016
New belts at 160,372 on 2/8/2016
New coolant and heater hoses at 157,640 on 9/10/2015
Installed new Magnaflow muffler at 175,200 on 10/2/2017
New fuel filter at 182,156 on 7/21/2018
Changed out Power Steering fluid at 192,829 on 10/24/2019
Changed out differential fluid in front and rear at 162,512 on 5/11/2016
Installed new spark plugs at 147,991 on 9/19/2014
Installed new AC Delco fuel pump in the tank at 136,730 on 9/11/2013
Plug wires installed at 166,060 on9/30/2016
Shocks replaced at 97,319 on 7/23/2010 with KYB Monomax
Oil changes with AMSOIL 100% synthetic oil and AMSOIL filters.

You're happy, someone else is happy, doesn't matter what the keyboard experts 1000 miles away said. Many people myself included just can't see buying a 200k vehicle and that affects perception of value.

WOW you got $6K out in the Carolina's for a 02 200K mile ext cab ?? ya that's a $4000-4500 out here north Texas at best

Wonder how much I would get for my 2001 1500HD crew cab 6.0 4X4 with 155K miles lol ??

Silverado's are cheap out here in North Texas, I just missed a clean '04 silverado 2500 crew cab 250K miles for $2500 a few weeks ago. Might think of scooping some up for resale elsewhere

Dave

This is my 1500HD

[Linked Image]

If someone is determined to buy something, nothing will stop them. By him traveling 3.5 hours to look at it, you had the advantage already and had him under your thumb. You had a good truck and he likely wasn't going home empty handed.

Last edited:
I believe it. The used truck market has been and continues to go crazy. If it's in decent shape and priced competitively, it will sell quick, regardless of what the "I can't buy anything that is high mileage because I'm scared" crowd thinks.

The wife;s 2002 F250 with the7.3 sold for top dollar as it was maintained properly from day one,never had dirty fluids, wheel bearings repacked as required by the book and the head light lenses were clear. A well maintained used vehicle is a good value a poorly maintained vehicle ends up with some one posting on BITOG that he bought a vehicle and the engine is sludged up and what oil will clean it up then people will post regurgitated marketing claims of the oil companies.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
I believe it. The used truck market has been and continues to go crazy. If it's in decent shape and priced competitively, it will sell quick, regardless of what the "I can't buy anything that is high mileage because I'm scared" crowd thinks.

The last few months it's gotten significantly worse. I've given up on buying another truck for a few years at this point.

Originally Posted by Rat407
I posted on here about my 2002 Silverado and selling it and just wanted to do a follow-up. I posted it on Craiglist and it was sold in less than 24hrs. I got $6k for it. The individual drove 3.5hrs here to get it. I can't believe it sold so fast and for that price. To me, it was well worth it but from the talk on here, it seemed I would have been lucky to get $4k for it. Here is the info in case anyone was wondering. I did change out the T case fluid right before and didn't list it. Looking back at my records it was time to change and considering it only took less than 2 full qts and is easy with the new AMSOIL squeeze packs, why not.
{snip}

Which t-case? If it had any fluid left in it I'm guessing you had the 246? Did you have an "auto" setting on your dial?

Oil changes with AMSOIL 100% synthetic oil and AMSOIL filters.

I am glad you got a real good sales price, because you threw a lot of money into it, especially the oil changes. I over maintained a 2006 Honda Odyssey, and it was lost in the great Harvey flood, so all that high dollar maintence I paid for ended up being for nothing. Lesson learned.

If you keep a vehicle for no more than 200K, use the cheapest quality brand oil (Supertech) for 5K intervals and and a decent filter (NAPA Gold) every other oil change (10K). That combo will easily get you to 200K.

Originally Posted by D60
{snip}

Which t-case? If it had any fluid left in it I'm guessing you had the 246? Did you have an "auto" setting on your dial?

It had the Auto Trac II fluid before this. There was an Auto button for it.

It had the Auto Trac II fluid before this. There was an Auto button for it.

Excellent. The NV261(manual shift) and 263 (electrical shift) cooked off their ATF and no one ever figured out why. The fix was just to refill w 5W-30 (no joke, this is what ATSG said). I did it on my '02, no problem. These didn't require GM's proprietary AutoTrakII (I use Valvoline's Transfer Case Fluid which meets spec in these applications)

But anyone driving a GMT800 that does NOT have an "Auto" setting for the t-case...be warned. I'd drain and fill w 5W-30 right now.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I must admit I didn't think you'd get that much so I'll gladly eat some crow on that one. Enjoy the extra bones
smile.gif

Back