2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX12R Motul 300v 10w40 1551 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 2!

This oil change had 1551 miles on it. It looks like everything is washed out from the bike being filthy and sitting for years from the previous owner. As a note, nothing in filtration changed after I put in the BMC street from taking out the original owner's KN filters that were filthy.

What do you think? Look good?

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 85
Last edited:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

iron and copper went down
as did susvis even though flash went up

not that you need to, but another report in 1500 miles would show more improvements i think

I don't understand the viscosity drop. Flashpoint went up, you ran about 400 more miles on the oil and viscosity went down. Blackstone says it's because of a large size engine and it's typical and harmless. Hmmm...

Fwiw, I am starting to wonder if the recommended shorter oci with this oil just might be the real deal. In reference to above, I ran almost 5,000 miles on my 1164cc ZRX1200 with Mobil 1 10w40 4T and cSt came in at 11.98. The engine has ZZR 1200 carburetors with my own custom jetting on it, ZZR 1200 cams in the head, and JE 12.5:1 compression pistons with a full Muzzy exhaust system. The bike puts down close to a 150 horses at the rear wheel and mid-to-high 80s for torque. I've mentioned it before, not the awesome beast the ZX12R is, however if oil was going to shear, it would do it.

I think the bike is coming around nicely however it just might be the case this oil is better for a shorter oci even though everything I have shared so far from my observation says it should go longer.

We'll see. I plan on doing another in 1500 miles. I will do a TBN then too. I don't mind the shorter change interval. I am OCD on oil and even if it would last 5k I would lose my mind worrying about it lol.

Would love to see your Kaw. I will put some before pics up of this bike. You wouldn't believe it. I get stopped every time I am out and someone commenting that the bike looks brand new. I am pretty proud of it. Great ride too.

I will post another when it's time. They take forever to process the oil. I sent it Priority and they still took 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back