20,000 miles in a CX-5 GT-R

Nice review. I had a 2019 CX-3 rental car a few months back. I like that as well.

Nice description of your experience. It's a nice vehicle.

That said, after reading the whole post I've concluded you have purchased this model so you could say GT-R over and over..11 times to be exact lol

thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Glad you enjoy it sound like a fine choice. I remember a gnarly payment for this one!
thumbsup2.gif

I wish more people liked the powerful/nice handling in CUV's. Seems like the reasonably priced ones are gone. So many car makers are so capable but just don't likely due to lack of interest.

Originally Posted by dwcopple
How do you have 20k miles on a 2019 already???

People drive cars man.
I remember putting 18,000 miles on my BMW X5 between December and April, just skiing
smile.gif

Originally Posted by edyvw

People drive cars man.
I remember putting 18,000 miles on my BMW X5 between December and April, just skiing
smile.gif

Pretty much. I bought a car because I need one, because I can't just walk where I'm going, lol! People who do like 10k a year? I'd have a bike, lol!

Originally Posted by donnyj08
Nice description of your experience. It's a nice vehicle.

That said, after reading the whole post I've concluded you have purchased this model so you could say GT-R over and over..11 times to be exact lol

thumbsup2.gif

Hah!

It's neither here nor there, but it's easier than "Grand Touring Reserve" 11x!

Originally Posted by SevenBizzos
Great review!

Once I had a car with heated seats, I vowed to never go back. Now that I have one with cooled seats, the same applies.

Always liked the CX-5 and now coming with a turbo should make it a great SUV. Good to read such positive feedback about it.

Once I had a car with leather seats, I decided that I will not own another.

My first new car, I lived 6 miles from work yet put 25k per year onto it -- girlfriend was still in college, and i'd make the 5 hour drive (each way) every weekend to visit.

I now live some 54 miles from work. Toss in any extra driving and I can do 600 miles per week easily. Just going to the grocery store is a 20 mile round trip.

Are all of the CX-3's and CX-5's going forward going to have the cylinder deactivation?

Originally Posted by buster
Are all of the CX-3's and CX-5's going forward going to have the cylinder deactivation?

I'm not sure. Mine doesn't have it. Part of why I went with this trim level.

Originally Posted by supton

My first new car, I lived 6 miles from work yet put 25k per year onto it -- girlfriend was still in college, and i'd make the 5 hour drive (each way) every weekend to visit.

I now live some 54 miles from work. Toss in any extra driving and I can do 600 miles per week easily. Just going to the grocery store is a 20 mile round trip.

Similar story, here. Grocery store is further, though. Keep the people at bay with distance.

Originally Posted by supton

Similar story, here. Grocery store is further, though. Keep the people at bay with distance.
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by SevenBizzos
Great review!

Once I had a car with heated seats, I vowed to never go back. Now that I have one with cooled seats, the same applies.

Always liked the CX-5 and now coming with a turbo should make it a great SUV. Good to read such positive feedback about it.

Once I had a car with leather seats, I decided that I will not own another.

I'm not a huge leather seat fan, myself, but am more ambivalent than yourself, preferring it in some vehicles vs. others.

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8

My newest vehicle is only 10 months old and has 26k miles on her...

crazy2.gif

crazy2.gif

It's very possible. A 50 mile commute one way is not uncommon in some parts. Throw in the weekend drives plus trips to the store etc and the mileage racks up.

One of the HD work vans in the fleet or a personal vehicle?

Originally Posted by PimTac

crazy2.gif

It's very possible. A 50 mile commute one way is not uncommon in some parts. Throw in the weekend drives plus trips to the store etc and the mileage racks up.

I drive 50mi to work 1 way 3 days a week. I drive 30mi 1 way to the gym 3x a week. I drive 30mi 1 way to jujitsu 2x a week. I do other stuff as well.

Originally Posted by Ws6
I'm not a huge leather seat fan, myself, but am more ambivalent than yourself, preferring it in some vehicles vs. others.

I detest leather seats and would willingly pay a premium to get cloth. It's not a 100% deal-killer like a sunroof, but it's close.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by Ws6

I detest leather seats and would willingly pay a premium to get cloth. It's not a 100% deal-killer like a sunroof, but it's close.

Why?

Back