Status
Not open for further replies.
99' GMC Suburban 6.5 Turbo Diesel
135,000 Odometer
5000 mi on oil
Schaeffer's 15-W40 Supreme 7000
Harvard by-pass filtration
20 qt. system

Just did my first oil analysis using Blackstone Laboratories. Results came back great - to the point of being boring.

Test results did not show TBN, oxidation, nitration or soot. How am I supposed to tell how long to leave the oil in without these numbers? Why were they not reported?

TBN is extra and you have to request it on the form they send you.
The other #'s you mention I have never seen Blackstone do but Terry
is a good source of info contact him.

Ken

quote:

Originally posted by Bruce O.:

Just did my first oil analysis using Blackstone Laboratories. Results came back great - to the point of being boring.

Don't complain about boring results.
Want exciting? I got 44 PPM of silicon in 8000 miles. For a small premium, I'll trade rides with you...

But seriously, sounds like you want to go ahead and fork over the $10 to have a "Dyson" analysis package next time. It'll buy you TBN and a custom interpretation.

I've run some analisis with 991 ppm of silicon. Porbably posted somewhere here. Get lots of them in the 200's and 300's.

Bruce O.:

i did my oil anaylysis through blackstone with schaeffers for my 6.5 and it came back good as well. the lab told me how long to extend my next oil change. they said i had plenty of oil left and it could go a long way.

on a side not, i dont know if you are familiar with www.dieselplace.com/forum or not, but check it out. good info and a lot of help for your 6.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back