1997 Chevy Blazer oil line replacement.

Specifically the engine to remote oil filter line. Anyone do the job with success? A video on YouTube just shows a guy with a long extension. ~10 min job. Yeah right. I can’t get anything into the space.

Went into town for some 1/4” extensions from HF. Ended up at the animal shelter and applied for a dog. Later saw on Facebook during the time we were with said dog, a friend sold his rust free 2001 4WD S10 with 106k miles for $2500.

If we couldn’t laugh, we would all go insane.. the day certainly isn’t going the way I thought it would.

Just had the mechanic do that job in my 98 jimmy. he charged me 1/2 hr labor to do both lines. He told me to order the parts myself as no one had em locally.
Found Dormans on sale ar roxkauto.

Just had the mechanic do that job in my 98 jimmy. he charged me 1/2 hr labor to do both lines. He told me to order the parts myself as no one had em locally.
Found Dormans on sale ar roxkauto.
It took me a half hour just to figure out how to remove the bolt that holds the strap in place. 😵‍💫

Should’ve grabbed the 1/4” SK ratchet first. Lol

I was finally able to get the job done. Been working a lot lately. Used some long 1/4” extensions, but had to use a magnetic pickup tool at the adapter to get the socket on. Had a swivel at the end wrapped with electrical tape to make it a little more rigid. Laid under the truck and was able to reach between the front frame piece and engine and get it all together.

Got it off and the line wouldn’t clear the oil pan and front diff. Had to gently jack up the engine for just enough space to sneak it through. If the pan broke at that time, I couldn’t have cared less.. Lol

Got her back together. No leaks.

Found this hole on the old line. Interesting.
IMG_8350.jpeg

I was finally able to get the job done. Been working a lot lately. Used some long 1/4” extensions, but had to use a magnetic pickup tool at the adapter to get the socket on. Had a swivel at the end wrapped with electrical tape to make it a little more rigid. Laid under the truck and was able to reach between the front frame piece and engine and get it all together.

Got it off and the line wouldn’t clear the oil pan and front diff. Had to gently jack up the engine for just enough space to sneak it through. If the pan broke at that time, I couldn’t have cared less.. Lol

Got her back together. No leaks.

Found this hole on the old line. Interesting. View attachment 210187
That hole is supposed to be there. You will find one in the crimp ferrules on most oil, transmission and A/C lines. If the crimp fails and starts to leak the fluid will leak out of the hole and relieve pressure off the crimp versus blowing the crimp apart.

That hole is supposed to be there. You will find one in the crimp ferrules on most oil, transmission and A/C lines. If the crimp fails and starts to leak the fluid will leak out of the hole and relieve pressure off the crimp versus blowing the crimp apart.
Gotcha. Never thought of that.

Maybe that’s what kept it from blowing.

Back