1993 Yamaha GTS1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Road King engine is still in pieces at the dealer because of crank damage. They have the parts now but unfortunately queue is such that I will get my bike in August. So I got this GTS today to ease my pain.

28500 miles on the clock with new tyres and everything works.

1Zo1xx2.jpg

Beautiful. Hard to believe it’s 25 years old. After riding the Yamaha this summer, you might end up selling the Harley!
wink.gif

I remember that one, it has that crazy front suspension correct? I recall Yamaha released it's 1000 with that new front end that allegedly worked like magic but was too odd for people to warm up to. I recall one magazine saying something like "groundbreaking, while people lined up to not buy it". lol

I wanted that bike when it first came out. FI, ABS and funky suspension. I had a ZX6 at the time.

I recall that bike well too. That year I briefly considered the GTS1000, but ended up buying a Yamaha FJ1200 ABS model. I had wanted an FJ since it came out as an FJ1100, and it was significantly cheaper than the GTS1000. I still regret selling that FJ1200..

Originally Posted By: MoreCowbellAz
I remember that one, it has that crazy front suspension correct? I recall Yamaha released it's 1000 with that new front end that allegedly worked like magic but was too odd for people to warm up to. I recall one magazine saying something like "groundbreaking, while people lined up to not buy it". lol

Yes..... That's it.

I've never actually seen one.

Just like I have NEVER EVER EVER seen an actual Honda Rune in person...
_honda-valkyrie-rune-2.jpg

Of course, I have NEVER seen an NM4 anywhere, ever - either.

WHAT HAS THE HONDA DESIGN DEPARTMENT BEEN SMOKING?!?!?

hqdefault.jpg

Originally Posted By: Linctex
.WHAT HAS THE HONDA DESIGN DEPARTMENT BEEN SMOKING?!?!?

hqdefault.jpg

Apparently dried bat guano - hence the bat bike theme.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Linctex
.WHAT HAS THE HONDA DESIGN DEPARTMENT BEEN SMOKING?!?!?

hqdefault.jpg

Apparently dried bat guano - hence the bat bike theme.
eek.gif

Honda's version of the Gurney Gator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back