16 trax ac blows warm

Recently the 16 trax ac started to blow warm. Full power, but warm. The hotter it is, the warmer the ac. Tried a recharge, which was a little low, to full, no help. I also notice that the driver side is kinda warm at night but the pass side is cool. I'm sweating to death. Any ideas?

Recently the 16 trax ac started to blow warm. Full power, but warm. The hotter it is, the warmer the ac. Tried a recharge, which was a little low, to full, no help. I also notice that the driver side is kinda warm at night but the pass side is cool. I'm sweating to death. Any ideas?
Failed heater blend door or, if equipped, failed heater control valve.

My two cents

Is the compressor clutch obviously engaging? And is it cycling or just staying on?

Does it have left/right temp controls? I'm guessing not, but gotta ask.

Yeah at risk of stating obvious you gotta see first if the clutch is engaging. If not, overcharge, undercharge, bad pressure switch or bad a/c clutch or clutch trigger mechanism/switch/climate module.

So if not then see if clutch is even being told to engage.

Yeah at risk of stating obvious you gotta see first if the clutch is engaging. If not, overcharge, undercharge, bad pressure switch or bad a/c clutch or clutch trigger mechanism/switch/climate module.

So if not then see if clutch is even being told to engage.
Thanks

If you tried to recharge the system, what was the low suction side pressure reading? The compressor must be engaged to charge the R-134a and the freon tap supply valve must be shut to obtain accurate readings with the compressor engaged and engine at idle RPMs.

If you tried to recharge the system, what was the low suction side pressure reading? The compressor must be engaged to charge the R-134a and the freon tap supply valve must be shut to obtain accurate readings with the compressor engaged and engine at idle RPMs.
Now I'm lost.

So you recharged it without gauges?

A/C needs to be recharged after evacuating the system, pulling a vacuum, and refilling by weight. It isn't a guessing game like topping off your washer fluid.

I also notice that the driver side is kinda warm at night but the pass side is cool. I'm sweating to death. Any ideas?
Since it's blowing warm air out of the driver vent it could be a Blend Door Actuator . Find the Actuator under the dash and place your hand on it while turning the AC on and Off . Then try turning the heat on and off and adjust the temperature . You should feel it working .

Reactions: D60
So you recharged it without gauges?

A/C needs to be recharged after evacuating the system, pulling a vacuum, and refilling by weight. It isn't a guessing game like topping off your washer fluid.
Ahh yes. The one I used had Guages. As per the instructions everything seemed OK while I was refilling.

Back