100k 06 Fusion 2.3

Buying used cars is a gamble but sometimes you get what they claim. This engine was obviously well maintained.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have a variant of that engine in my B2300. Very fond of it. It tends to be easy on oil; Probably running a 2 year OCI as it doesn't get much use recently.

I bought a 2009 Fusion with 109K from the original owner late last year. When I changed the valve cover gasket it looked similar to that.
The PO took it to the dealer approximately every 5 to 6K so I assume it had MC blend.

What kind of MPG's are you guys getting with your 2.3's? I have the 18" wheels and have left the snow tires that came with the car on it.
I'm hoping the MPG's improve a bit with all season tires on it. (I've put only a few hundred miles on it since finally getting it registered...(COVID had DMV
closed until recently).

Originally Posted by tig1
Hyw MPG is around 32-33 in my 2007

That's what I'm hoping for when I get to take it on a trip.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
That the Mazda engine?

Yes.....Ford took the MZR Mazda engine and tweaked it to their specs. and called it the Duratech....it comes in 2.0, 2.3, and 2.5 versions in the USA.
It has shown itself to be an excellent, durable engine...(I've seen Foci (plural for Focus, I think) with 400K miles, several in the 300's and numerous over 200K.

PS: Mazda used Ford's 3.7 (a very good engine) as their V6 for several years during their 'association'...

Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
That the Mazda engine?

Yes.....Ford took the MZR Mazda engine and tweaked it to their specs. and called it the Duratech....it comes in 2.0, 2.3, and 2.5 versions in the USA.
It has shown itself to be an excellent, durable engine...(I've seen Foci (plural for Focus, I think) with 400K miles, several in the 300's and numerous over 200K.

PS: Mazda used Ford's 3.7 (a very good engine) as their V6 for several years during their 'association'...

A little on the rough, noisy side though, at least in my 2.5L Escape.

Back