0w8?

Cruising youtube and came across some videos with discussion of oil companies developing 0w8 oil. Any truth to this?

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Cruising youtube and came across some videos with discussion of oil companies developing 0w8 oil. Any truth to this?

Yes and it will cause widespread engine destruction unless a 0w40 is used. It's meant to implode engines right after the warranty to encourage built in obsolescence.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Hopefully it works as expected in engines designed for it. Otherwise they'll issue TSB's to correct it. Time will tell.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
amazing how mineral oil thinned the gasoline has lubed millions of outboards, motorcycles etc.

Rod

Lemme know how many of those motorcycles went over 100k on a regular basis, and outboards the equivalent hours on the same......

I trust it as much as I trust those 10w60 oil BMW ask you to use.

Seriously, engine designed for it has different flow and pressure, likely super high rpm and definitely some sort of variable oil pump.

Great for "racing"! Just read the bottle.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
LOL I'm waiting for the new Ow-0 environmental oil that is water soluble.

There is an ancient Assyrian prophecy that states the world will end when 0W0 comes.
Nobody knew what it meant until recently, the old theory was there would be a monster named Owo who would go all Godzilla on the planet.

Originally Posted by billt460

Great for "racing"! Just read the bottle.
[Linked Image]

Guess there are applications where they are willing to risk engine failure on a short run for that tiny bit of extra power...think of the dragsters that can't quite hold it together for the entire 1000 feet or whatever they run now and give the crowd a big explosion for their viewing pleasure.
Maybe I shouldn't joke because my dad stopped taking me to Union Grove, WI on weekends because an engine exploded and killed some patrons.

Back