conventional valvoline vs castrol gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one Valvoline oil that really impressed me was Valvoline MaxLife. My previous car ran great with that motor oil. I am serious the engine seemed smoother. The reason I tried the oil was because it supposedly had a seal conditioner that could stop seal leaks. I had a small seal leak. In that respect the Valvoline did not impress because it did nothing for the seal leak. Auto-RX seemed to solve the seal leak.

But the Valvoline MaxLife is more expensive then Chevron or Halvoline and those motor oils are rated highly in VOAs and UOAs at bobistheoilguy.com. So why not just use Chevron or Halvoline? And you can get some of the benefits of the Valvoline MaxLife oil by adding small amounts of Valvoline MaxLife oil supplement to your motor oil.

quote:

Originally posted by Mystic:
In that respect the Valvoline did not impress because it did nothing for the seal leak.

Interesting you should say that, because I was just at Murrays Discount Auto today and saw a different Maxlife product in the 15 ounce red bottle. This one was not Engine Protector, but Engine Stop Leak. Don't know if it is new, but I don't recall seeing it before.

BTW, I believe the regular Maxlife oil will stop leaks, and just like AutoRx may make them worse before better. However, the Maxlife oil will take a lot longer than Auto Rx. You probably have to run it for many OCIs.

It has been reported that the NAPA brand oil is or is made by Valvoline at a cheaper price.

Valvoline just signed a contract with Ray Evernham's Dodge team,this is the guy that used to own Jeff Gordans team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back