Havoline DS 5W30, 4,356 Miles, 95 Acura Integra LS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty pleased with this report. Mostly highway (probably 70/30). No consumption at all. Starting to think that if I wanted to, the manual is correct in saying that I could run a 7,500 mile OCI under normal conditions. About 2 months on this oil:

integrauoa2my2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks real good.

Just not sure a Citgo, Supertech, Trop-Artic or Shell type oil would have been much different. Don't these engines wear well regardless?

Yep, sure am
smile.gif
Still have another gallon of it in the reserves. I figure it's a bit overkill but with the winter coming up, I wanna run a nice quality synthetic. Planning on running it all winter or 5k miles, whichever comes first.

Looks like a pretty good run with the new Havoline formula, with the small exception of viscosity.

Quote:

Yep, sure am
smile.gif
Still have another gallon of it in the reserves. I figure it's a bit overkill but with the winter coming up, I wanna run a nice quality synthetic. Planning on running it all winter or 5k miles, whichever comes first.

I converted myself! just purchased two OCIs of Amsoil ASL.

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, sure am
smile.gif

I converted myself! just purchased two OCIs of Amsoil ASL.

cheers.gif

Looks good.
thumbsup.gif

So what OCI are you going to run with the Amsoil?

Are you planning a UOA with the Amsoil?

Should be interesting to see what you think and what the UOA shows.

Take care and thanks for posting the UOA!
coffeetime.gif

Bill

I'm planning on changing it out at around 5-6k or next spring, whichever comes first. Could probably go even further than that, but I have so much in my stash I need to use up. As for getting a UOA, you know it!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back