by friendly_jacek
Yesterday at 11:06 PM
F1 - 2014 United States Grand Prix
by gofast182
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Humor: Walmart Product Review
by Apollo14
Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Mobil Delvac 5w-40 OK for 2009 Audi Q7 TDI?
by teedoff00
Yesterday at 10:02 PM
Honda S2000 Pennzoil Ultra 5,000 miles
by Bror Jace
Yesterday at 09:52 PM
Time for hot vs cold old to drain into pan
by Apollo14
Yesterday at 09:19 PM
Noco Genius Boost - my video test - battery @ 9.9v
by 901Memphis
Yesterday at 09:13 PM
Bought my first firearm today
by Nick R
Yesterday at 09:01 PM
Built a few AR-15 A3's this weekend...
by 2010_FX4
Yesterday at 08:57 PM
New Briggs oiling schedule
by Tom_T
Yesterday at 08:52 PM
Thinking about a new 1.0L Ecoboost Fiesta
by Burt
Yesterday at 08:44 PM
Newest Members
after5hock, Rxman01, 1969monark, flstang65, PhxAZ
51699 Registered Users
Who's Online
51 registered (01_celica_gt, Bandito440, bdcardinal, 3800Series, 901Memphis, after5hock, 3 invisible), 842 Guests and 219 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51699 Members
64 Forums
221215 Topics
3497587 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#964226 - 08/14/07 02:19 AM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: mstrjon32]
cousincletus Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA
^^^ The Camry and the older Malibu are the definition of generic car. If the new Camry isn't extremely dependable, then it has absolutely nothing going for it.

Fleet: 08 Chevy Colorado, 08 Malibu (wife's), 04 Impala.

#964227 - 08/14/07 02:27 AM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: cousincletus]
JohnBrowning Offline

Loc: USA
My Mother has an 2007 Camry LE and she loves it and so does my Dad. It is the only car she has driven that she likes as much as her Tundra. I have not read the complaints but I have driven it about 7-8 times and have been a passenger in it 2-3 times and I too think it is a great car. What has been the main complaint?

#964228 - 08/14/07 02:29 AM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: JohnBrowning]
JohnBrowning Offline

Loc: USA
I bought my 2003 Camry brand new and only paid $17,900 dollars for it. I do not see how that is over priced at all. I think all vechiles are grossly over priced if you are dumb enough to pay sticker!

#964229 - 08/14/07 02:41 AM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: JohnBrowning]
06RANGER Offline

Loc: New Orleans
Quote:

My Mother has an 2007 Camry LE and she loves it and so does my Dad. It is the only car she has driven that she likes as much as her Tundra. I have not read the complaints but I have driven it about 7-8 times and have been a passenger in it 2-3 times and I too think it is a great car. What has been the main complaint?

Go to an owner's review forum, particularly yahoo autos.

As I posted, the overwhelming response is negative, not just the few that you find in most car models.

#964230 - 08/14/07 05:12 AM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: 06RANGER]
ekpolk Offline
The Regenerator

Loc: Pensacola FL
I had an 07 I-4 Camry as a rental for about five days, a couple months ago. It seemed nice enough to me.

Try Toyotanation, there are a few naysayers there, as anywhere, but most folks seem to like 'em. I don't see a torrent of hate.

Again, if these were really such awful cars, you wouldn't think it would be selling the way they are. . .

#964231 - 08/14/07 05:35 AM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: JohnBrowning]
JTK Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:

I bought my 2003 Camry brand new and only paid $17,900 dollars for it. I do not see how that is over priced at all. I think all vechiles are grossly over priced if you are dumb enough to pay sticker!

John I thought you sold Toyotas for a living? You don't get much, if any at all off of MSRP on a basic Camry LE. IMO, much of the naysayers, my brother included, had false expectations from the start. If you are used to a V6 or V8 AT sedan, of course a 4cyl AT is going to feel & sound different. I personally don't mind them at all.

Joel

#964232 - 08/14/07 05:48 AM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: JTK]
VeeDubb Offline

Loc: Indiana
Why is there so much Toyota bashing on bitog? I personally find the Camry to be a boring car that I would never buy, but it is one of the top sellers for a reason and wasn't it Motortrend's car of the year (I may be wrong on the publication, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now ).

-Mike Tyson

#964233 - 08/14/07 06:43 AM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: VeeDubb]
06RANGER Offline

I'm not making this up. Go to yahoo autos and search 07 Camry LE 4 cylinder AT for yourself.

Then, search any other similarly priced sedan, e.g. Accord, Sonata, Impala, G6, Fusion, etc ... and tell me if the Camry doesn't get the worst owner's reviews.

#964234 - 08/14/07 09:38 AM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: 06RANGER]
Mokanic Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Yeah, they're so bad they only sell about 400K of them a year You can go on Edmund's or whoever you want and just about every car made is being trashed by someone on there. That's where people that pi$$ and moan go. I recently looked up Subaru on there and you would think it was the worst built things ever made. NOT, just a small number of people that think they'll actually get somewhere by complaining. Check into the large number of people complaining about GM,Ford, AND Chrysler products as well.
Considering the number of Camrys being built every year they are very well made allthough I think it has gotten too big for my tastes. They do have problems as all cars do but the instances of unscheduled repairs is still far less than most of your imported cars such as Ford and Chevy sell here in the states.
For those that like to rant about how dull &boring it is well,it's a 4 dr sedan designed to move people comfortably and reliably. If you have performance tastes perhaps you should have looked at a sports car???
The Camry is much like the Accord in that they have more repeat buyers than most all other cars. Hundreds of thousands of people are buying them over and over for some reason. If they were not well-built cars they would have had to change their names a long time ago(like Ford&GM do every few years).
You think the Camry has had complaints. Do a search on GM owners that have complained about coolant-intrusion and tranny problems. That will keep you busy for quite some time.

#964235 - 08/14/07 10:38 AM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: Mokanic]
Larry the Cable Guy Offline

Loc: Big Bear Lake, CA
Another pointless Toyota hate thread.

Great points Mokanic.

#964236 - 08/14/07 11:12 AM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: Larry the Cable Guy]
06RANGER Offline

Not a hate thread at all. Just a surprising observation from a car fan about a very popular model.

http://autos.yahoo.com/2007_toyota_camry_le_5_spd_at-reviews_user/

#964237 - 08/14/07 12:07 PM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: 06RANGER]
Warlord Offline

Loc: Southwestern Alberta
What I can't understand is what the sales record of previous camry models has to do with complaints about the current camry. This current model is what people are complaining about so the number of previous generation camrys sold has no effect here. Sure they were great in the past but some people think the camry has been cheapened a bit.

People, please don't let the mokanic change the subject. He seems to think that the topic of gm coolant leaks belong in a camry discussion. It does not.

#964238 - 08/14/07 01:35 PM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: Warlord]
mstrjon32 Offline

Loc: Elkridge, MD
How is this a Toyota hate thread? One guy makes a comment about how there are lots of complaints about the Camry, even if its only a relatively small number compared to other cars or whatever, and suddenly it's a Toyota hate thread?

If someone makes a post about GM building a car and just ONE thing is slightly wrong with the passenger side window visor; it takes less than a fraction of a second for 30 people to jump in and say that GM cars are ----, the American auto industry is going under and the intake gaskets will leak even though the engine is in no way related to those with the defect. Meanwhile, Toyota builds a mediocre car and suddenly any one who even speaks of it is starting Toyota hate threads.

News-flash folks: Any automaker is capable of building a mediocre or crummy vehicle, even if its the most popular one they sell. Toyota no longer has the luxury of being able to build every part and assemble every car in Japan with a bunch of in-house parts. I'm sure plenty of their parts are being built by the lowest bidder, just like GM's. That doesn't mean they're bad cars, heck, I like the Camry a lot more than I like the Accord, and it's well on par with the Altima; but I don't understand why anyone is surprised when one of the world's largest automakers can't build every single one of 400,000+ cars perfectly.

#964239 - 08/14/07 07:08 PM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: mstrjon32]
Thorn Offline

Loc: NE Pennsylvania
I have serious reservations about the reviews at Yahoo Autos. I know this may sound like sour grapes, but I have my suspicions that people are blasting Toyotas on Yahoo as a hobby. Perhaps they are UAW workers with nothing better to do on their lunch hour.

A few months ago, I started to consider replacing my daily commuter, which is a '97 Subaru Legacy with 232K trouble-free miles. I looked at the Toyota Corolla customer reviews at Yahoo and couldn't believe anyone, let alone Toyota, would make such a horrendous car, at least according to the "owners" at Yahoo.

After reading this thread, I decided to check out the Yahoo customer reviews of the Toyota 4Runner. I own an '06 4Runner with 26k perfect miles. It is one of the few SUVs that receives the highest reliability rating from Consumer Reports (I know that doesn't mean everything, but it is worth something, IMO).

Out of 27 reviews at Yahoo Autos, only two or three are good. The vast majority of the reviews give the 4Runner "one star" out of five, and many of them then go on to recommend a Jeep or a Buick or a Volvo. All 4Runners are made in Japan, and most are made at Toyota's legendary Tahara plant where Lexuses are built, and I can assure you from personal experience that the 4Runner is nearly bullet-proof and is as solid an SUV as you will find in its price range. It may not be perfect in all areas, but there is no way it should receive so many one-star ratings from its "owners". It's just not credible.

As far as I'm concerned, the Yahoo Auto reviews are garbage an should not be trusted. That being said, I have no experience with the current-generation Camry, and so for all I know it may be junk, but I wouldn't rely on Yahoo reviews to know for sure.

#964240 - 08/14/07 07:17 PM Re: 07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews [Re: Thorn]
VeeDubb Offline

Loc: Indiana
Thorn,
I couldn't agree more. When I was shopping for a minivan, the Yahoo users tore the Honda Odyssey a new one. Surprise surprise that they would go after the top rated minivan (by just about every other source) over the past three or four years. Some of the reviews were so outlandish that they were obviously fabricated. The tore into the Sienna too, but not as hard. Yahoo needs more quality control to screen out the trolls.

-Mike Tyson

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >