Analysis of Schaeffers 9000 5w/40 synthetic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recieved virgin analysis of 9000. Here goes.

Moly 204
boron 5
silicon 9
sodium 3
calcium 2539
magnesium 5
phosphorus 856
zinc 1047

They said the TBN is 10.9 which makes me happy. Also that the silicon is from anti-foaming agents, so take it into consideration when used sample is tested. Other than that, they said very good oil with alot of anti wear additives and should do my Cummins just fine...
If not listed, it's a zero.
sus viscosity at 210f is 76.2 and flashpoint is 405.

Very nice to see zinc above 1000 in these SM days. Looks like a very nice oil with a good slug of moly and calcium. Recently talked to SalesRep about this oil. I believe he told me it is 50% PAO 50% GpIII.

Can you tell me what you mean when you say "SM days" and also explain the 50% PAO and 50% GPIII?

Sorry but I'm still learning alot of these terms.

"...it is 50% PAO 50% GpIII."

According to the current MSDS, it is about 25% PAO and 65% Group II+.

In either case, the Schaeffer's oils are good values.

Does anyone know the base oil compositon makeup of Supreme 7000 10W30 #703? It's supposed to be Grp II+/PAO, but what %?

Is it just me or is the calcium really weak?

Delo is usually around 3300, RT around 3700.

Probably not the best for a high soot engine. I don't know, maybe there's other detergents/dispersants.

It is impossible to tell how strong or weak an oil is by a VOA. I can assure you that the 9000 can perform much better and longer than the oils you mentioned. I switched all my farm equipment to the 9000 and would not use any other HDEO if the prices were the same.
Perhaps it's just me but I don't trust many of these UOAs and VOAs from ----. There have been numerous inaccurate ones posted here lately that were resubmitted with different results. Maybe that lends credibility to the idea of not taking one UOA or one VOA and making a decision about an oil.

My Blackstone Results on Schaeffer 9000:
Virgin
Sample
Aluminum 0
Chromium 0
Iron 1
Copper 0
Lead 1
Tin 0
Molybdenum 186
Nickel 0
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 0
Boron 5
Silicon 7
Sodium 5
Calcuim 2474
Magnesium 5
Phosphorous 887
Zinc 1044
Barium 0
Vanadium
SUS viscosity 76.9 at 100 deg
Flashpoint 405
Fuel 0
Antifreeze 0
Water 0
Insolubles tr
TBN 11.8

That Moly number looks a little lower than I have seen with other reports for the 9000. Is it the new CJ4 version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back