Toyota Factory Fill, 1100 miles, 2007 Toyota Yaris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

No, I don't see any special oil there... Anyone ever assemble an engine?

The only thing in that UOA that worried me is the TBN. Why is it so low? Smart move to change out early. No way would it make 5k miles (or whatever the owners manual claims).

When was the vehicle manufactured? when did you buy it? how many miles on it? With TBN low, I would think oil already had several months life. Toss in a bunch of dealer short trips(from one lot's parking spot to another), might explain oil condition.

Thanks for the replies guys
ooo.gif

Assembled engines a couple of times, it's quite fun (mind you if I did it for a living I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much). From the assembly lube/grease and whatnot I'm not surprised with the elemental analysis results.

Vehicle was manufactured March 2007, it was bought right at the beginning of May 2007. Very low single digit KM's on it, it had just arrived on the lot and still had the funky shipping stickers and cheesy cardboard protectors on the hubcaps when we saw it
laugh.gif

You guys know way more about these results than I do, the low TBN is likely what you said, short trips and maybe one test drive to make sure everything's working as it should...

Recently had first tank over 50 IMP MPG (54.6, about 45.4 US MPG) and liking the car so far
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back