4T45E ATF level check plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTK

Anyone know where it is? This transaxle in my 2007 Cobalt appears to have a big rubber plug on top for filling. I've poked around the pan, but can't seem to locate the level check plug. Is it a hex head bolt? Front/rear/side? Of course the manual says lifetime fill for the ATF. What type of BITOG'er do they think I am?!
crazy.gif

Joel

Thanks Brian, I'll have to look again. All I could see on that side is some bolts at the bottom of the chain cover (unsure of name). There is one bolt about lower/center of the chain cover that is an inch or two from the belly of the pan. Maybe that's it.

Joel

frown.gif
I know. It's the end of an era for me Ramblin.
tombstone.gif
I've owned nothing but trucks and 4x4's since ~1992. It just doesn't make sense with the price of fuel now. I liked the trailblazer, just didn't like the 15-20mpg w/ gas at ~$3.10/gal. Got a good trade-in allowance on it and a screaming deal on this little econo-car. It was a good time for me to make a move. Somebody is going to pickup a nice over-maintained 2005 trailblazer 4x4, that's for sure!

Joel

Quote:

..how are the 3 kiddos fitting in there? They're all still in carseats, right?

Yep, 2 full car seats and one booster seat. No way to fit all 3 in the Cobalt, so family jaunts have to be done in the Windstar. Once my 3yr old gets larger & can use a booster seat things will be a tad easier. 2 boosters and 1 car seat will be a tight fit, but should work if need be in the Cobalt. It gets a little harry if the winny goes out of service, but we knew the job was dangerous when we took it!
crazy.gif

Joel

Quote:

There is one bolt about lower/center of the chain cover that is an inch or two from the belly of the pan. Maybe that's it.

As I recall it's about 2 or 3 inches away from where the half-shaft comes out of the transmission. It's been a while since I looked, so I'm not 100% sure.

Just to make it whole lot easier, I mocked up this pic compliments of GM. Note: some 4T45E's have a black fill cap as opposed to the red one. The red one must be a high performance mod!
laugh.gif

074T45MN5LoR.jpg

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back